Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 560970 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2011, 10:22:41 pm »
Oh! aren't we all hilarious tonight...  L0L

Well, if you are all going to poke fun at me, I have decided I no longer wish to travel in a carriage full of OLD people... all that clicking of knitting needles, and new knee joints means you are welcome to it!  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #496 on: September 08, 2011, 10:37:36 am »
And that's only the MEN!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline stephenprudence

« Reply #497 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01:54 am »
There's a category 1 Hurricane in the Atlantic with UK's name on it  :o

Luckily we will be spared here!  ZXZ

I picked a few Damsons recently :)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #498 on: September 09, 2011, 01:48:16 pm »

I wish I could have picked damsons. We planted a tree the year before last and this year we had a grand total of 3 damsons!
How long does it usually take for the tree to mature?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #499 on: September 09, 2011, 02:05:20 pm »
Cicero

Offline stephenprudence

« Reply #500 on: September 09, 2011, 05:31:28 pm »

I wish I could have picked damsons. We planted a tree the year before last and this year we had a grand total of 3 damsons!
How long does it usually take for the tree to mature?

Not entirely sure, mine were wild damsons from woodland edge, but they're fairly small trees, around 5 metres high, perhaps it's lack of fruiting is due to its size.

Or it could be that plums are fussy growers, and as damson is a hybrid between a plum and sloe, it has inherited some of that fussy gene.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #501 on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:26 pm »
Thanks for the information on damsons.  I planted one this year and the information on pruning in Yorkie's link will be particularly useful.

Offline hollins

« Reply #502 on: September 10, 2011, 12:12:00 pm »
http://www.pots2plots.com/Fruit/Growing%20Damsons.htm

Thanks yorkie for the very comprehensive article on damson trees which I have now read and passed on to gardener/husband who also says thanks.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #503 on: September 10, 2011, 12:22:19 pm »
Pleased I could help - personally I haven't a clue about Damson trees or any other fruiting tree for that matter.  Just happened across the web site when I did a bit of browsing about plums!   

Apart from my courgettes and runner beans which I have grown myself, the next door neighbour gave us a load of plums.  I froze them all but am now making plum crumble on a regular basis!  You can tell who does the cooking in this household, can't you?   L0L
Cicero

Offline hollins

« Reply #504 on: September 10, 2011, 12:24:25 pm »
We had visitors last week who brought me 10lbs of victoria plums. I ended up making jam with it while they were here and they took most of it in back in jars!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #505 on: September 10, 2011, 02:33:38 pm »
That's what I call cheeky ! :roll:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #506 on: September 10, 2011, 09:26:17 pm »
Local Blogs - Orme View is well worth a read. Here's a sample:

"'We should have pride in our town' goes the headline, Freda Mealings claims the town is not dirty! Hmmm, has she been to the station recently or viewed the area below the Grand Hotel, has she seen the state of the Castle hotel and its land and then there's the Clarence hotel, Kings Road despite the recent investment by Cartrefi Conwy has resorted to its normal sh*t state as have most of the ginnels around that area, need I go on?

Freda Mealings also goes on to say that the backbone of this town is the Council and that Councillors are deeply committed people who give hours of their time voluntarily to serve the town!!! Don't make me laugh, most councillors are pompous fools, full of their own self importance and eager to enjoy expensive functions such as 'Civic Sunday' funded by tax payers, I fear this lady does not exist in the real world."

:laugh:

http://ormeview.blogspot.com/

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #507 on: September 11, 2011, 09:07:07 am »
Yet another Blog on the Landscape!   L0L
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #508 on: September 21, 2011, 11:13:35 pm »
Another post on Facebook earlier........

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who has Access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled �Here you have it� If you open the file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful, f*** you and die....'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC. And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your Name, e-mail and password, etc. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #509 on: September 21, 2011, 11:31:36 pm »
Just as I was going to stagger to bed in a nicely ambient mood after a half bottle of wine. Now Ive got something else to make me worry and not be able to get to sleep.  Please respond in 15 minutes  Snore Snore Snore