Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561609 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #555 on: October 13, 2011, 01:08:42 pm »
How many Oscars are there?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #556 on: October 13, 2011, 04:17:15 pm »
For Blackberry lovers everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/v/kAG39jKi0lI?version=3
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #557 on: October 14, 2011, 01:58:01 pm »
John and I had a great day in Wrexham yesterday.  After we'd been to the hospital we headed off into town for a wander.  One of the first pubs we went in was called the Welch Fusilier this was a really nice pub with a lovely interior comprising of solid wood, brass and stained glass fixtures and fittings, a very patriotic pub with Welsh Fusilier memorabilia displayed in glass frames all over the pub.  The bar man was a nice guy and didn't seem to mind John playing his music outside in the beer garden he's like a mobile juke box with everything from Irish music to Led Zeplin.  We were slightly suprised the pub had no real ale and in Johns quest to find some we moved on to the next pub. 
The next pub we visited was called The Vaults affectionately known to locals as The Long Pull?  Owned by Marstons this was a complete contrast to the Fusilier although the Landlady was really nice, having looked round the pub it soon became apparent that it probably resembles the High Chaparal at the weekend  :o I went into the ladies toilet and while washing my hands looked up to see the majority of windows in there had been smashed and the door windows were all smashed and taped up.  Then on my way back to the beer garden I saw a picture had been smashed too.  Now I've been in some rough pubs but I know even I wouldn't chance this place at the weekend.  I also don't understand why the windows and especially the picture frame had not been fixed surely it's asking for trouble to have all that broken glass everywhere.  This pub too had no real ale so we finished our drinks and made a sharp exit.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #558 on: October 14, 2011, 02:09:44 pm »
John was made up when we found the local Lloyds bar (a bit like a Wetherspoons)  as they were selling 1/3 rds of a pint measures and you could choose three samples from a selection of six real ales for £1.89.  I don't really like real ale but the one called Fat Heads was unexpectedly nice after a couple, what i didn't realise was that it was 5% abv and so it got more appealing as the day went on  D)  We met some really nice people called Phil and Derek members of Camra from Yorkshire in there I even met Tommy one of the locals from the club in Llandudno and so we stayed for a couple of hours chatting and drinking more real ale.  On our way back to the train station I saw this lovely little winding staircases in one of the local shops. 

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #559 on: October 14, 2011, 07:58:42 pm »
If this were in a Peter Kay or similar programme we'd be laughing our socks off but unfortunately it's real life. Unbelievable!!!http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/pets/8818009/Man-fined-75-for-brushing-pet-dog.html

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #560 on: October 14, 2011, 08:18:44 pm »
looks like someone had a smashing time there

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #561 on: October 14, 2011, 08:20:16 pm »
For gods sake that's ridiculous some of these community protection officers are right little jobs worths.  He probably felt a bit of a prat when he approached the guy to enquire about his high viz and thought this plan of action the best way to still look important.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #562 on: October 17, 2011, 09:16:58 am »
The Gentleman on this video, is running Marathons, at ONE HUNDRED years old..... and apparently its not unique!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15330421
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #563 on: October 17, 2011, 09:27:57 am »
I wonder how old he would look if he was asked to shave off his beard.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #564 on: October 17, 2011, 12:56:27 pm »
I was just looking at John Oddy's recently revived blog and noticed this link in his list of other local blogs:

Sunday, 16 October 2011
INJUSTICE OF LLANDUDNO TOWN COUNCIL
Subtitle - HOW LLANDUDNO TOWN COUNCIL VILIFIED,  INSULTED,  DEFAMED AND UNJUSTLY CASTIGATED AN HONEST UPRIGHT AND RESPECTED MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY OVER A PERIOD OF 6 YEARS

AND ARE NOW UNABLE TO PRODUCE THE EVIDENCE ON WHICH THEY BASED THEIR VILE AND DAMAGING ACCUSATIONS.

COUNCILLOR TERRY DAVIES, THE CHAIR OF THE COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE, AND THE REMAINDER OF THE MEMBERS, REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, AND HAVE YET TO PRODUCE THE INTERNAL REVIEW, REQUESTED MANY WEEKS AGO, INTO THE CONDUCT OF THE COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE.

http://llandudnolocalblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/injustice-of-llandudno-town-council.html

Sounds like someone's not too happy!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #565 on: October 17, 2011, 02:15:34 pm »
They are getting LOUD !!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #566 on: October 17, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »
Maybe they got something to SHOUT about!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #567 on: October 18, 2011, 06:23:09 am »
'Fears fish foot spa pedicures could spread HIV and hepatitis C'

I never lied the sound of this crazy idea!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2050342/Fears-fish-foot-spa-pedicures-spread-HIV-hepatitis-C.html#ixzz1b6k6aDvd
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #568 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:38 am »
They have been banned in USA and some other European cuntries for ages.  Ugh, ugh, ugh.  Nibble, nibble.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #569 on: October 18, 2011, 01:42:19 pm »
It's the thought of sharing water and sitting like some form of entertainment for the watching public that puts me off.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.