Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 251009 times)

Offline jeanus44

Fag Ends!
« Reply #780 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:48 am »
Since I moved here in March I cant help but notice all the fag ends that are dropped everywhere. The streets are covered in them. All the bins have ashtrays in the tops of them and nobody uses them. Surely there must be a law against this. Every week I have to sweep up outside our flat and in the garden because the fag ends have all blown in. What a disgusting mess it is!

Offline Yorkie

Re: Fag Ends!
« Reply #781 on: June 04, 2013, 09:25:43 am »
The Litter Law should cover it.  Get a yellow High Viz Coat and a notebook and take a few names and addresses.  £1000 fine can be applicable!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #782 on: June 09, 2013, 09:23:14 pm »
   This is a pub section of the forum, and now its not wartime you can discuss rumours  , I hope.

So, here goes. Part of Abergele Golf Course, three holes towards the end I am told, are on the other side of the private road up to Gwrych Castle. The new owners of the castle want to buy this bit of the course and some other adjoining land belonging to them

I do know myself that this course does stretch across this road. Apparently the new castle owners want to develop it as a golf resort So.presumably, they would start off with these three holes and add another six or maybe 15 to them. So, again presuming, there would be two courses alongside each other. Unusual, but not unknown. Llandudno itself has the North Wales and Maesdu.

Now to the sting in the rumour tale. Nasty. The Golf Club owners couldn't care less. They could run the club down, say it was uneconomic to carry on, and then, guess what, in goes a planning application for a few 100 houses.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #783 on: June 10, 2013, 06:58:13 am »
I can see the logic of this rumour, but the Castle itself is Grade 1 Listed, which means that no development is permitted in the vicinity that affects the setting of the building.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #784 on: June 27, 2013, 08:09:58 pm »
Back to Amazon, I needed a new pressure washer after the last two yellow ones (K.......r) failed after little use! I found out from friends on Facebook that Nilfisk was the one to go for. So yesterday at about 3pm I ordered one avoiding this prime thing, it was here at about 9am! I paid for next day, not even. Next morning, amazing service.  $good$.

Pity I can't open it up!  :laugh:

It actually works very well indeed!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #785 on: June 28, 2013, 08:46:42 am »
Not Amazon, but my OH ordered a part for his Moggie Minor on Weds. afternoon and it was at the door Thursday lunchtime-- all the way from Teeside !!! $good$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #786 on: June 28, 2013, 05:09:27 pm »
About a year ago, one delivery driver told me never to pay for overnight delivery as most deliverys nowadays get there in 24 hours or less.   Saved me a fortune as I'm addicted to Amazon!   ;)
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #787 on: July 07, 2013, 12:24:59 am »
Look, there is a battle of wills going on in my house between me and a GIANT SPIDER.

I hate them, but to overcome my loathing and fear of them, my Mum sent me a humane spider catching machine.  Its basically a little clear plastic box with a sliding door, and its on a stick.  £3.99 from Kleeneze.
You basically stick the box over the spider, slide the little door shut.... and pop him outside.
I can even hold him up close, tease him, examine him.... tell him a little joke even, before relocating the little blighter.

But now, one of the species has got wise to me.
He emerges from the conservatory, scuttles across the floor.... but as soon as I make a move for the 'catcher', he stops dead, turns round and speedily retreats.
So adept is the spider at this game, that I now only have to move my hand toward the machine.... and he spots me, and he's gone.

Drastic action is required, or I will have to sell the house to escape him.  In fact he is rivalled only by the Corona pop salesman and CCBC parking attendants in its tenacity and ability to annoy me.

Hang on..... here he is again.... I'll just get the....

No, he's seen me, he's gone again.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #788 on: July 07, 2013, 01:07:02 am »
its a telepathic spider, turn your mind off and confuse it,

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #789 on: July 07, 2013, 08:23:08 am »
Look, there is a battle of wills going on in my house between me and a GIANT SPIDER.

I hate them, but to overcome my loathing and fear of them, my Mum sent me a humane spider catching machine.  Its basically a little clear plastic box with a sliding door, and its on a stick.  £3.99 from Kleeneze.
You basically stick the box over the spider, slide the little door shut.... and pop him outside.
I can even hold him up close, tease him, examine him.... tell him a little joke even, before relocating the little blighter.

He emerges from the conservatory, scuttles across the floor.... but as soon as I make a move for the 'catcher', he stops dead, turns round and speedily retreats.
So adept is the spider at this game, that I now only have to move my hand toward the machine.... and he spots me, and he's gone.

Drastic action is required, or I will have to sell the house to escape him.  In fact he is rivalled only by the Corona pop salesman and CCBC parking attendants in its tenacity and ability to annoy me.

It was probably a dog in a previous life. :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #790 on: July 07, 2013, 09:01:23 am »
I find that a powerful Fly and Wasp spray is the answer.  They appear to enjoy it as it sends them running round in circles and doing funny dances which just seems to tire the little (big) blighters out until they just collapse into a comatose state.   At this point one can easily pick them up an remove them to the garden, or the dustbin.   :D
Cicero

Offline Linda

« Reply #791 on: July 10, 2013, 12:33:30 am »

Hes on my conservatory roof Fester. Says he not coming back you scare him.( see Colwyn Bay Postings) Seriously though if you go to a local vets you can buy a can of deflea stuff for carpets etc . On the tin also  says keeps spiders away for upto sixmonths. It works well i found out by accident after moving into a house where the previous owners had a few cats and the little blighters had left us a couple of pressies which proceeded to bite us. Its expensive but works well.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #792 on: July 22, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »
Saw this odd looking vehicle in Barmouth on Saturday. It's apparently made by a company called Grinnall:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #793 on: July 22, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »
Looks fun, in Gulf colours too!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #794 on: July 25, 2013, 10:10:13 am »
I was talking to Fester about this yesterday:

HALF a million people a year are getting food poisoning as a result of eating contaminated British chickens, according to research to be published by the Food Standards Agency, which lays much of the blame on poor standards of hygiene in abattoirs and poultry farms.

The epidemic, which is claiming 140 lives a year and leaving hundreds more seriously ill, is being caused by campylobacter bacteria. Victims typically suffer days of uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhoea and can take weeks to recover.

At least 80% of British chicken flocks are infected with the bug, which is spread further by sloppy practices in slaughterhouses, the FSA has warned. One of the main culprits is poor cleaning of the machinery used for plucking and eviscerating birds.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Health/article1290526.ece