Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 250945 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #345 on: May 14, 2011, 09:54:15 pm »
Facebook  A complete waste of time.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2011, 09:55:15 pm »
Couldn't agree with you more Fester
Valar Morghulis

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #347 on: May 15, 2011, 11:38:55 am »
Fester, I'm surprised at you of all people, always got one eye on a business opportunity. You are turning down free advertising of your business to a targeted audience --- no throw away leaflets or junk mail that goes straight in the bin and costs the sender lots of cash. I am definately giving it a go, that is when I have figured it all out. I made the fatal mistake, bought a book on Facebook marketing, and I am buried under facts,facts,facts Mike

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #348 on: May 15, 2011, 11:53:36 am »
Facebook  A complete waste of time.

It's the only way I can keep up with some of my family !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #349 on: May 15, 2011, 12:00:15 pm »
That's all I use it for, see what everyone is doing at the weekend.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #350 on: May 15, 2011, 12:34:06 pm »
Fester, I'm surprised at you of all people, always got one eye on a business opportunity. You are turning down free advertising of your business to a targeted audience --- no throw away leaflets or junk mail that goes straight in the bin and costs the sender lots of cash. I am definately giving it a go, that is when I have figured it all out. I made the fatal mistake, bought a book on Facebook marketing, and I am buried under facts,facts,facts Mike
His business already has a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Llandudno-Emporium/112394185507164

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #351 on: May 15, 2011, 01:07:28 pm »
Huh he got me going here. Just wait until I meet up with skinny gentleman, I'll batter him. On second thoughts perhaps I might come out the looser so nuff said  Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #352 on: May 15, 2011, 05:56:49 pm »
Thanks Dave and Mike,
Let me explain...
I do see Facebook as a decent marketing opportunity, and the advertising thus far does seem to have born some fruit.

But, Facebook in general, with its inane subjects, and tittle-tattle I think is a waste of time.
You could argue the same about this Forum I suppose... or Oscar, or any Social media.

Fester...

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #353 on: May 15, 2011, 09:25:16 pm »
I searched for David Roberts photography on facebook and got a nasty surprise.........a scantily clad lady instead of Llandudno pier!!!!

Offline Trojan

« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2011, 09:27:38 pm »
 :o Dave?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2011, 09:33:27 pm »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2011, 12:26:46 am »
I searched for David Roberts photography on facebook and got a nasty surprise.........a scantily clad lady instead of Llandudno pier!!!!

Nasty surprise?  I would have called that... A RESULT !!!
Fester...

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #357 on: May 17, 2011, 08:47:20 pm »
Never mind that. I thought you dealt in herbal/medicinal products, not FRUIT.  Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #358 on: May 20, 2011, 08:58:59 pm »
Pubs always have moaners, so here I go. One of my pet hates is the way everything is dealt. with so slap happily these days, and in particular, stuff written in the local papers. Every day I see mistakes, the old reporters, although always full of ale, never let their standards slip like they do now.
   So, you can imagine me getting my blood pressure up when I see in the Post this morning a well known firm of local Accountants being reported as opening a new office in the old Lloyds Bank building in Everard Road, Rhos. Now I am the undisputed King of knowledge about Everard Road and especially the banks there, and I know without any doubt that there has never been a Lloyds Bank in that road.
   I let my blood pressure go down, but far worse was to come. I thought I will tell this firm of Accountants that they are wrong with their information that they presumably gave to the Post. So I gave them a ring. No reply, even after around twenty riings. So I tried the other number. Again no answer. Funny, 4 p.m. on a Friday, bit early for the weekend to start.  Five minutes later I tried again and a lady answered. I will say now that this would NEVER have happened in my day when I worked in a Bank. But --- let that pass. The conversation went Me: I see in the paper that you have opened a new office in Rhos. Lady: Yes Me: Well its not in an old Lloyds Bank office, there has never been one. Nice and friendly so far. Lady: Yes it is. Me: (slightly louder) Oh no its not. There has never been one there. There was a Barclays,Westminster,District and a Midland on the corner. Lady (now getting agitated) Oh yes there was, it was a long time ago. Me getting into my stride: Look, Lloyds Bank was in Penrhyn Avenue, miles away. Lady: I know it was in Everard Road , I worked there. Me: Well no wonder you were late for work every day, you didnt even know where you worked. Lady. It was a sub branch of Colwyn Bay I thought it was in Everard Road, sorry.  I put the phone down and went for the tablets

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: May 20, 2011, 09:06:21 pm »
I noticed the same thing, Mike. I used to use the Lloyds branch  on Penrhyn Ave in the 1980s - it's a hairdressers now. The Daily Post have taken the information straight off the Press Release instead of checking it.