The Local > Ask a Local

Thinking of moving to the area...

<< < (2/28) > >>

TheMedz:
Having moved into live on Great Orme in December last year, I'd have to recommend that as a potential target area for you. I love the rural feel to it but still being able to get into town without the car and without necessarily living in the town centre.Within 5 minutes walk from here you can be overlooking either of the two shores and looking out towards Ireland and Isle of Man. Penrhyn Bay is, as already stated another really nice area to live. Craigside is handy for town and gets the evening sun. Deganwy is a bit further out from the town centre but again really nice Llandudno offers all the facilities you need for day to day living, health etc and the people here have been very friendly and welcoming.  We've got children that have moved away from home (university ,jobs etc) but they now say they look forward to coming back more to visit or stay  in between terms than they did where we used to live.   

Nemesis:

--- Quote from: TheMedz on October 16, 2010, 08:04:14 pm ---Having moved into live on Great Orme in December last year, I'd have to recommend that as a potential target area for you. I love the rural feel to it but still being able to get into town without the car and without necessarily living in the town centre.Within 5 minutes walk from here you can be overlooking either of the two shores and looking out towards Ireland and Isle of Man. Penrhyn Bay is, as already stated another really nice area to live. Craigside is handy for town and gets the evening sun. Deganwy is a bit further out from the town centre but again really nice Llandudno offers all the facilities you need for day to day living, health etc and the people here have been very friendly and welcoming.  We've got children that have moved away from home (university ,jobs etc) but they now say they look forward to coming back more to visit or stay  in between terms than they did where we used to live.   

--- End quote ---

And he's got views to die for !

Fester:
He sure has ... which just goes to show that you DO get what you pay for in life.

I coveted Medz house for years before moving to the area,  into a house that I COULD afford!

Fair play to Medz,  I love reading the accounts of the views and the sunrises they can see down in the bay ... keep 'em coming.  $welsh$

TELL:
We moved to Llandudno when we retired at 60 a few years ago. We had previously lived on the outskirts of London. We live in a beautiful apartment in the town centre. We love it.  We are just around the corner from the supermarket, the station, the seafront, and all the other amenities. We have a car but only use it a couple of times a week. We have been made very welcome and have made lots of friends. if you are going to buy a home in town, ensure that you get a covered parking space (parking is a nightmare and so are the seagull droppings). The people are great and it is a fabulous place to live. Good luck.

Alice:
If you want more choice on your doorstep then it would have to be Llandudno, though another alternative to those already mentioned  would be the Craig y Don area of Llandudno which is a quiet residential area with a few shops and only a ten minute walk into the centre of Llandudno.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version