Author Topic: Ken Dibble  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
Ken Dibble
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:23:22 pm »
Readers may have come across Ken's name from time to time in the Genealogy section.  He died recently at the grand age of 89.

He wrote a series of booklets on the houses and families in Bodafon, Penrhynside and Nant y Gamar.  These were well researched and a mine of information for family history sleuths. Ken also wrote a booklet about the skeleton "Blodwen" which he campaigned to have returned to Llandudno.

Offline Blodwen

Re: Ken Dibble
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 10:57:33 pm »
It is with the deepest regret that we, at Llandudno Museum announce the passing of Mr.Ken Dibble on Nov 8th aged 89. He was a good friend to the Museum and the "father" of Blodwen in that it was he who discovered her importance and worked tirelessly to try and bring her back to Llandudno. He leaves a legacy of some excellent research into Llandudno's past and some valuable historical booklets. He will be sadly missed.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Ken Dibble
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 02:21:39 pm »
I've never met Ken but have had the pleasure of reading some of his fascinating books on local history.  The people I know that have met him have spoken very highly of him and the legacy he has left behind will be invaluable to people in the future.