Members' Lounge > Science and Technology

Q R codes

(1/3) > >>

Michael:
Hello, Any of you know about Q R codes? I had never even heard of them before this morning!!
But,in case you too don't know, basically I THINK, they are a very simple bar code which you can get for free, put onto virtually anything, paper, leaflets, your car keys , your car, and you lucky smart phone users just scan the barcode and you go straight through to the barcode owners website.
  Fill me in with more details any of you techi members.  I can see a hugh opening here printing it on leaflets, flyers etc I cannot believe Ive never heard of it.  Mike

DaveR:
I created one for Fester last year, he doesn't use it naturally.

Here's one for your website, Mike:

Michael:
Thanks Dave. Trust you to come to the rescue. I said a "very simple" bar code.   Well ----- yes ------ but if your sample you have done for me is "simple" God help us with a complicated one.
  Now you have gone to this trouble for me, how or where should I store it for safe keeping?  Seeing as Fester has had one for a year, should I tackle him about how to use if?  Mike

DaveR:
Just right click and 'save image', then its ready for use. Just email it to a printer etc and they can incorporate it in a leaflet.

Michael:
 Thanks again. I've no need to pick Festers brains. I just did a google search on Q R codes and it came up with a load of information, too much for me. But one basic I have picked up. There is no point in anyone putting this code on their own website because, basically, the code sends you to the site and you are already there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version