Author Topic: Yre Rofft / Yre Roffl and Y Pentre Rhinleding  (Read 46905 times)

Offline jom

Re: Yre Rofft / Yre Roffl and Y Pentre Rhinleding
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2012, 02:41:52 am »
Hi Hugo,

Thanks sooo much.  Not had a chance to log on till now and am running late so will have a really good look at all info in a day or two.  You're too kind :-*

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2012, 12:10:33 pm »
You're very welcome Jom.   
I was looking at the 1841 Census for Moses Jones of Derwen Deg again and the Census for 1841 is flawed in a few ways.  The main flaw being the fact that you may not get the true age of the person as the age is rounded down to the nearest 5 years for adults.
It also does not show the relationship of people to the head of the family.  Richard Jones is aged 25 in the Census and we have assumed that he is the child of Moses and Anne which might not be the case.
This is just a thought without any proof whatever but if you look at the Census record the very next entry after Moses' is for Richard Jones aged 50 (can't read the farm name)    Could the 50 year old Richard be a relation of Moses and could the 25 year old Richard be his son and Richard Jnr is living and working at Derwen Deg now that Moses' sons have left?
Just food for thought

Offline jom

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2012, 09:50:11 pm »
Yes I spotted that Hugo last night (NZ time).  Also I briefly looked at the 1851 census and living at Derwedeg is a MOSES and Ann Owen who would seemingly have a daughter Grace.  Quite a coincidence if not related in some way with relatively unusual first names if you'll pardon the pun.  Wonder if Ann Owen here was a daughter of Richard.  It's hard to keep track.  Am off this weekend so hope to do some research if I'm allowed (husband's birthday) ;D

Lots of avenues to try $good$

Hugo, I wondered if I might put upon you again next time you visit the archives.  Would it be possible to send a copy of Hugh JONES baptism via this forum? 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2012, 10:15:19 am »
Just another thought Jom,  Richard Jones Snr had a daughter called Grace and when Grace got married in 1847 (see marriage details)  her father Richard Snr was living at Derwen Deg!     
Had Richard taken over the property when Moses died and it became unmanageable for his widow Anne Jones?
Anyway by the time of the 1851 Census Richard was not living at Derwen Deg either.

I'll see what I can do about the Baptism record for Hugh Jones but they are nothing like the one I've posted for Anne, without being disrespectful they are just like a school note book.
I'll also look at the Baptism record for Richard Jones born about 1816 just to get conclusive proof of any link to Richard Jones Snr because the last time I looked I was looking for Richard with Moses as being the father.
It might be next week before I can go back to the Archives

Offline jom

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2012, 06:23:40 am »
 $thanx$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2012, 05:37:01 pm »
This is a photocopy of the Baptism record for Hugh Jones and I'm sorry about the quality but I did say that it was just like a school notebook.
Hugh is the 7th one down and the date, which is on the very end and out of sight was the 7th April 1806
I had a look in the Baptism Records from 1812 but couldn't see anything about Richard Jones on it so that still remains a mystery.

Offline jom

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:19 pm »
Quality is fine.  Better than I'd hoped.  Thank you for all your help

Offline jom

« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2012, 10:23:55 pm »
Am I right in thinking it reads "Baptised Hugh son of Moses Jones Lab Ag and Anne his wife"?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2012, 01:56:14 pm »
It actually reads " Baptised Hugh son of Moses Jones Labr and Anne his wife" then the date follows that.
In the Babtism record the word is "Labr" with the the letter r slightly raised above the other letters.
There is no Ag on the record.    Hope that that makes sense.

Offline jom

« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2012, 12:02:24 am »
Yes it does, Hugo Thanks  ZXZ cheers

Offline jom

« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2012, 06:48:37 am »
Got my hands on the death certificate for Moses Jones who died at Derwen Deg in Oct 1842.  Thought you folk might like to peruse to see the fruits of your labour.  Thanks for everyone's help.  Will post my next brick wall soon ha ha ha! ZXZ

Offline Hugo

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2012, 08:26:41 pm »
Thanks for posting that Jom,  I haven't been to the Archives for a while but when I do I'll have another look in the Burial records and if I find anything I'll post it on here.

Offline jom

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »
Cheers Hugo

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2012, 11:33:08 am »
I love the cause of death, something you don't see any more.

Verdict by Coroner's Jury.
Died by a visitation from God!

Offline jom

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2012, 11:10:17 pm »
Wonderful, isn't it ...  Dread to think what it actually was.  Have had others like decay of nature etc but this is the first of this kind in my collection  _))*