The Local > Times Past

Penmorfa/Gogarth Abbey Hotel

(1/3) > >>

AliceLlandudno:
Hi everyone

Im attempting to do some research on the Penmorfa/ Gogarth Abbey hotel.

Does anyone have any pictures of the inside? or outside even? Or news articles that may help me?

Id love to know what it was  like inside? Especially inside the penmorfa (how many rooms it had before it was turned into gogarth abbey for instance)

If anyone could help me Id really really appreciate it

Many thanks

Nicki xxx

AliceLlandudno:
Hi everyone

Im attempting to do some research on the Penmorfa/ Gogarth Abbey hotel.

Does anyone have any pictures of the inside? or outside even? Or news articles that may help me?

Id love to know what it was  like inside? Especially inside the penmorfa (how many rooms it had before it was turned into gogarth abbey for instance)

If anyone could help me Id really really appreciate it

Many thanks

Nicki xxx

DaveR:
I had a Christmas meal there about a year before it closed. Despite being assured that there was going to be many other people there, our party were the only people in the hotel! The whole place was looking a bit sad by then, there didnt seem to have been any investment for years. The main entrance entered the old Penmorfa house on the first floor level via an external staircase, in what would originally have been the old hallway of the house - I recall old wooden paneling etc. From that hallway, the staircase (an original feature) to the upper floors was straight ahead, the entrance to the restaurant was on the left and the entrance to the bar/dancefloor was on the right.

Some photos of the exterior I took here:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=11631105@N00&q=penmorfa

AliceLlandudno:
Many thanks for your reply!
you didnt happen to take any pictures during your christmas meal there?
x

DaveR:
I did actually, but I just looked through them all and they dont show much of the interior at all. I can't really show them without the permission of the people visible in the photos, either!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version