The Local > Ask a Local

A55 problems and alternatives

<< < (2/21) > >>

Jack:

--- Quote from: Bellringer on September 27, 2010, 05:47:13 pm ---Yes I think you're right Hugo and the better alternative is probably through Trefnant etc.

Frustrating as it might seem though sticking to the A55 is probably best.
How long is this work going to take?

--- End quote ---

About eight weeks from the 3rd September, but remember Maesdu Bridge!!
I've travelled both ways thru it this afternoon and if you avoid peak rush hours there are no hold ups as I sailed through

TheMedz:
As they did with the August  they are probably hoping to complete just before half term holidays. Just waiting for the next sign to go up that says a new set of road works in the same place starting the week after half term !!! (or am I getting more cynical with old age)

suepp:
At peak times returning towards St Asaph I've been getting off at Bodelwydden then up past the Castle onto the back lanes, this joins up to the Industrial estate and the lower Denbigh road. The Upper Denbigh road can get conjested towards Trefnant  but if you are on the lower road you can take a right before the junction  (signposted Henllan) this takes you to the Trefnant traffic lights - the road is closed but only after the crossroads! If you take the lower Denbigh road you go past the Topiarists garden!
Of course this is fine for me as I live in Ruthin but it is a long way off the beaten track if you want to go up the A55!
 http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/34490824.jpg

Jack:
The topiarists garden is fantastic, it should be a tourist attraction open to the public.  I have only noticed it in the last couple of years.  Suepp do you know how long the gardener has been 'working' on his bushes?

suepp:
At least 15 years that I can remember!  A lot of coach drivers stop or slow down there to show it to the passengers, there are others in the garden not so easy to see from a car so coach passengers would get a good view.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version