The Local > Ask a Local

A55 problems and alternatives

<< < (21/21)

suepp:
I've been travelling from Ruthin to Caernarfon for the past few weeks to attend a course.  Due to the lovely weather I have been taking the scenic route via Cerrigydrudion, Betws y Coed and the Llanberis pass. It takes me about an hour and 20 minutes going at my usual leisurely pace, people have told me it would be quicker to take the A55 even though the mileage is higher.

Yesterday I decided to do the return trip via the A55 so I could stop off at St Asaph. What a mistake, the A55 was horrendous with three lots of coned off lanes between Bangor and Bodelwyddan. The only work I saw going on was a man using a blower to remove debris from under the central reservation.
Having said that the coastline looked positively Mediterraenean, so tempted to turn off at Pen and go for a swim. Back to the scenic route next week! Much better for a sense of well-being if nothing else $walesflag$

Fester:
A course Suepp?

The only course I want to attend is Mike's Golf Course!

suepp:
chance would be a fine thing, especially on a Monday morning for the forseeable (hopefully before the weather changes)  The drive through Snowdonia is the icing on the cake, it's been spectacular!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version