The Local > Ask a Local

A55 problems and alternatives

(1/21) > >>

TheMedz:
Being a newbie I need a couple of pieces of advice re routes outof  here.

1. Is there a workable rat run run round the A55 Road works at St Asaph. (my son has to travel to Bromororough every day and is getting mightily ****** off with the hold ups)

2. Which is the best way of getting from LL to Heathrow. Is it M56 M6 etc or is there a better cross country route via Shrewsbury etc

thank you

Hugo:
St Asaph on the A55 is a pain in the butt and has been for a few years and when I went past last week it seemed as bad as ever.
You can be lucky however, but it depends on what time of the day your journey is.
I'm sorry Medz but there is no easy way round that problem as St Asaph is probably the best bet for your son.
With regard to the journey to Heathrow. I did that journey twice last year and the Sat Nav picked the quickest route as M56,M6,M1 and then the M25

Bellringer:
I think Hugo is right about avoiding St Asaph. However you could try exiting the A55 at Abergele and going via Rhuddlan, Dyserth and rejoinging the A55 at Caerwys or vice-versa.

Hugo:
You couldn't do that route on a regular basis Bellringer, there are too many obstacles on the way as well as loads of 30mph speed limits and a new one of 20mph in Trelawnyd.
Just imagine peak hours or the school runs!
I lived in Dyserth for a few years and that High Street is really bad for traffic at the best of times.
On the way back from Chester I have taken the Trefnant turning and then gone through the St Asaph Industrial Estate but you have to know your way around there or you'll get lost. 

Bellringer:
Yes I think you're right Hugo and the better alternative is probably through Trefnant etc.

Frustrating as it might seem though sticking to the A55 is probably best.
How long is this work going to take?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version