Members' Lounge > The 3 Towns Arcade

Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup

<< < (17/17)

Michael:
   So the cup competition comes to a wet and windy end.

As you will know the idea was not mine, it just arose out of one or two posts from forum members, and I was happy to offer the course. But, today, I did find great pleasure in the few of you who found their way up just to say hello, because there was little chance of playing.

And I must especially thank Hollins, who I had never met before, who brought up a great feast of home backed goodies with cream and jam. And an airtight container which I will have to find a way to return.

As to the future, the cup is still here, unclaimed. I am prepared to give the idea another go. I don't wish to appear to be taking over the whole idea, but I do think that, maybe, we should all wait until the weather appears to be in a settled period, and then --- go for it -- fast.   i.e. maybe five or six days ahead. I know people like to make plans ahead, but the weather just will not allow us that luxury.

Any one elses ideas are welcome, I ve just thrown that idea in for consideration.

Thank you again Mike

Fester:
Well, I take my hat off to anyone who ventured up the Great Orme golf course today.
Especially Hollins who had to travel a fair old distance.

Despite Yorkie's rebuke, I have always found golf to be enjoyable as a fair-weather game ONLY.
I have played a fair bit of golf,  but never enjoyed it when forced to go round in the rain.
And... I have NEVER played in weather as bad as today's.

When this idea came up originally, I couldn't wait to press the YES vote.  I had this idyllic image of strolling around Mike's course on a balmy June evening, after work.... and then retiring to The King's Head for a few cold ones.

Reality proved very different, like most things in life.

snowcap:
lets not give up the ghost as Yorkie said this afternoon we can always try again later when the weather is looking a little kinder, I'm sure the members who were due to turn up today will strive to give it a go again at another time, that's if mike is kind enough to give it another go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version