Author Topic: Local Politics  (Read 181542 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Politics
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2010, 08:05:20 pm »
There is a very nice little railway line there - the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway.
Indeed there is. Not been on it yet, though.

http://www.rhdr.org.uk/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2010, 08:13:36 pm »
The list of candidates for the Aberconwy seat in the Welsh Assembly elections is as follows:

Iwan Huws - Plaid Cymru
Ronnie Hughes - Labour
Mike Priestley - Lib Dem
Janet Finch Saunders - Conservatives
Jason Weyman - Independent/Annibynnol (to be confirmed very soon)

To my mind, it is likely be a straight fight between Iwan Huws of Plaid Cymru and the independent Jason Weyman (who is, of course, a member of this Forum). Labour/Lib Dem/Conservatives are pushing the same tired old faces.

I think Jason has been an excellent County Councillor; his openness and willingness to raise awkward issues are just how a good Councillor should be. His blog is a great example of how a modern local politician should be interacting with his constituents and publishing information of relevance to them.

&well&

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2010, 08:31:49 pm »
 No political parties should stand for town council,ban all parties and make every candidate stand as individals. :'(

Yorkie

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2010, 08:33:38 pm »
That will give thee and me a chance then!!   Might even get our old seats back!    L0L  L0L  L0L

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:53 pm »
Asnot you know Yorkie there are too many people sitting sitting in the chamber who have no interest but have been persauded by the party leaders just to make their parties look good and have the most seats leaving the council full of people who do not really want to be there and certainly do not want to discuss my xmas lights. ))*

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2010, 09:57:51 pm »
Talking about politicians Oscar seems to have lost all interest in his site as there has been little action on his site :o

Yorkie

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2010, 12:27:42 pm »
He is still posting reader's comments - maybe his script writer has taken a few days off.     ¢¢##

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2010, 02:32:50 pm »
The list of candidates for the Aberconwy seat in the Welsh Assembly elections is as follows:

Iwan Huws - Plaid Cymru
Ronnie Hughes - Labour
Mike Priestley - Lib Dem
Janet Finch Saunders - Conservatives
Jason Weyman - Independent/Annibynnol (to be confirmed very soon)

To my mind, it is likely be a straight fight between Iwan Huws of Plaid Cymru and the independent Jason Weyman (who is, of course, a member of this Forum). Labour/Lib Dem/Conservatives are pushing the same tired old faces.

I think Jason has been an excellent County Councillor; his openness and willingness to raise awkward issues are just how a good Councillor should be. His blog is a great example of how a modern local politician should be interacting with his constituents and publishing information of relevance to them.

&well&

Many thanks for your kind words Dave. I need as much help as possible to highlight my candidacy (now confirmed) for the Welsh Assembly Elections.

wrex: I couldn’t agree with you more in respect of the poltical make up of councils.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:34:39 pm by JasonW »

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »
Good luck in the election Jason, hope it goes well for you.     Independant candidates nowadays seem few and far between which seems a shame, but I tend to  vote for the best candidate irrespective of the the party they represent.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2010, 03:09:17 pm »
Best of luck,  We need more independents.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2010, 01:46:22 pm »
A council newspaper was delivered last week and I was horrified to see how much money they get especially three of them. Is it justified?

Yorkie

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2010, 04:20:40 pm »
They will tell you it is!    You must however make up your own mind. . . . . . . .  ¢¢##

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2010, 05:41:13 pm »
I thought the LibDems had been condemned by everyone as the LieDems (you actually support Clegg  the betrayer, Dave?). If I was back there, I'd give my support to the independent candidate everytime. If no independent it would be Plaid.  $welsh$
Micox

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2010, 05:46:42 pm »
I've never supported the LibDems, Micox.  :o  Sitting on the fence all the time would be far too painful.  ;D

Like yourself, I'd go for Independents or Plaid.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2010, 05:56:22 pm »
My sincere apologies Dave; I jumped to a wrong conclusion from you're first entry.  :-[
Micox