Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028846 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3285 on: November 07, 2016, 10:24:25 am »
Consciences?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3286 on: November 07, 2016, 11:39:23 am »
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3287 on: November 07, 2016, 12:22:04 pm »
Steve, the benefits culture and changes in society mainly.
But the pier owners encouraging his tenants from Rhyl and Towyn to have day trips in Llandudno brings a certain type of family, regularly, in higher numbers.

B2R,  no reason other than freeloading and anti social behaviour.

I don't see how it's anything to do with benefits. If you are on benefits you shouldn't reasonably expect to eat in nice a restaurant on that kind of budget so they clearly have no intention of paying. Whether they were on benefits or not it seems to me they wouldn't pay. Also when you say 'his tenants from Rhyl and Towyn' I'm not sure what you mean as Tir Prince  doesn't have tenants, it's just a funfair. There are two caravan parks close to there but he doesn't own them, also the tenants at those parks are unlikely to be on benefits as the site fees alone are upwards of £2500 per year.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3288 on: November 07, 2016, 12:27:43 pm »
Steve, the benefits culture and changes in society mainly.
But the pier owners encouraging his tenants from Rhyl and Towyn to have day trips in Llandudno brings a certain type of family, regularly, in higher numbers.

B2R,  no reason other than freeloading and anti social behaviour.

I don't see how it's anything to do with benefits. If you are on benefits you shouldn't reasonably expect to eat in nice a restaurant on that kind of budget so they clearly have no intention of paying. Whether they were on benefits or not it seems to me they wouldn't pay. Also when you say 'his tenants from Rhyl and Towyn' I'm not sure what you mean as Tir Prince  doesn't have tenants, it's just a funfair. There are two caravan parks close to there but he doesn't own them, also the tenants at those parks are unlikely to be on benefits as the site fees alone are upwards of £2500 per year.

B2R,  there is a LOT that he owns (in some cases part-owns), that most don't know about.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3289 on: November 07, 2016, 04:29:40 pm »
Tonight I'm going to eat at Harveys. Doesn't get mentioned much on here, got a lot of bad press when it first opened I remember but last time I went there it was great. Will let you know how tonight pans out.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3290 on: November 07, 2016, 05:11:35 pm »
Tonight I'm going to eat at Harveys. Doesn't get mentioned much on here, got a lot of bad press when it first opened I remember but last time I went there it was great. Will let you know how tonight pans out.

I tried it about 2 months ago, really fancied a burger for lunch, O.H. had club toastie which was very good, however my burger was a disaster, cold greasy undercooked, bun not toasted.........hope you have better luck.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3291 on: November 08, 2016, 09:22:34 am »
Was excellent cannot find fault. They didn't have a veggie burger on the menu so the chef made one up from scratch, nice to see some common sense. Massive portions and two meals for £10.99 they also do 5 Budweisers for £10. Cheaper than Wetherspoons I think and I know I'd rather be sitting in there with the excellent music and surroundings than disused warehousespoons

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3292 on: November 08, 2016, 09:41:44 am »
We went to Mango & Bamboo last Saturday. Whilst the food was good (certainly as good as Asia), I prefer the restaurant style of service, rather than the self service buffet. On balance, I think I prefer Asia.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3293 on: November 08, 2016, 12:05:02 pm »
What do you think of the all you can eat place above the Ice Cream shop near the Conservative club?

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #3294 on: November 09, 2016, 12:03:59 am »
What do you think of the all you can eat place above the Ice Cream shop near the Conservative club?

I like the Emperor a lot B2R, it's basic Chinese but you never come away hungry, service is quick, beers cold and the food on the starters is always topped up quickly. Mains are cooked to order so all in all good value for money.   Z**
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline hollins

« Reply #3295 on: November 12, 2016, 08:38:31 am »
I have read on my local news aka Tom's twitter page that Dylans has bought the Washington.
Hooray, can't wait for that one to open.....late spring 2017.
Tom, I have just read that you can't wait either, get in the queue!

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/dylans-reveal-location-third-restaurant-12163818

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3296 on: November 12, 2016, 08:51:03 am »
I'm looking forward to it a lot! I like Dylans in Menai (not been to the one in Criccieth) although I do think the menu is too big, it's massive!

I really hope it's a success. Obviously Dylans wanted the site on Conwy quay but it was rejected, I think the Washington is a great choice of venue.

Primark, Dylans, Providero... Llandundo really booming atm.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline hollins

« Reply #3297 on: November 12, 2016, 09:02:24 am »
It will give the skip a run for their money.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3298 on: November 12, 2016, 09:13:48 am »
Parking would be only concern regarding the Washington site really. Other than that I can see nothing which will stop it being a success
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3299 on: November 12, 2016, 09:21:40 am »
The Washington has its own car park at the rear, Tom. There's plenty of free parking all along the promenade and around C-y-D within a few minutes walk.