Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028908 times)

Offline systema

Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2265 on: August 03, 2014, 10:18:25 am »
We walked passed it this morning and thought how nice it will look when it is finished.   :D

In town this morning and without tables and chairs outside any of the restaurants etc noticed how dirty the pavements in front of them really are. Do they not scrub or mop them besides sweeping them before the chairs go back out?  Where we live in Spain the front pavements are scrubbed and bleached early every morning before setting up for the day.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #2266 on: August 03, 2014, 10:40:28 am »
Hola,   Could'nt agree more,    Adios.  8)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2267 on: August 03, 2014, 10:45:02 am »
Yes I remember the days Mostyn st used to get scrubbed early morning,s when going to work ,it is a complete mess nowadays ,councilers must have their eyes closed walking around the town .

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2268 on: August 03, 2014, 06:12:26 pm »
Why do members think no local entrepaners have invested in a trendy bar for town.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2269 on: August 03, 2014, 06:46:21 pm »
Why do members think no local entrepaners have invested in a trendy bar for town.
Lack of suitable premises, maybe? Plenty of small units available but nothing really big enough for a decent bar, I think.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2270 on: August 03, 2014, 06:47:22 pm »
We went to Hickorys Smokehouse again on Friday night. Another excellent meal, cant recommend it enough.

craigollerton

« Reply #2271 on: August 03, 2014, 07:30:05 pm »

Lack of foresight Wrex? About 6 years ago I wracked onto a local business man friend of mine with a fair few buck in his pocket and said, you know what do well in this town, an American style diner. Anyway, he never capitalised on my advice, but what do you know, Hickory's and Harvey's opened up and well seem to be doing damn well, especially Hickory's. Now was I wrong or was I right? If I had the money in my pocket back then, i'd of opened one myself.

Now for my next prediction...

An all-you-can-eat buffet where all the food is out on display and being constantly refreshed because it's so busy! Whoever opens one first wins!

I think a nice trendy bar would do well in this town Wrex, one without any expense spared on the fixtures and fittings, a real classy establishment with a full-length cocktail bar, with professional cocktail makers who can entertain as well as serve. They would have to be just pricey enough to keep the riff raff out right Wrex?

Offline systema

« Reply #2272 on: August 03, 2014, 07:56:18 pm »

Lack of foresight Wrex? About 6 years ago I wracked onto a local business man friend of mine with a fair few buck in his pocket and said, you know what do well in this town, an American style diner. Anyway, he never capitalised on my advice, but what do you know, Hickory's and Harvey's opened up and well seem to be doing damn well, especially Hickory's. Now was I wrong or was I right? If I had the money in my pocket back then, i'd of opened one myself.

An all-you-can-eat buffet where all the food is out on display and being constantly refreshed because it's so busy! Whoever opens one first wins!

I think a nice trendy bar would do well in this town Wrex, one without any expense spared on the fixtures and fittings, a real classy establishment with a full-length cocktail bar, with professional cocktail makers who can entertain as well as serve. They would have to be just pricey enough to keep the riff raff out right Wrex?

Bet that car park at Hicory's and surrounding area is spotless.
We had a pub for 20 years before we retired and my cleaners would clean all the surrounding areas before they did the pub inside  as we all said the what you see outside is what you will get inside and this is why we will not go into a mucky outside any eating place,

craigollerton

« Reply #2273 on: August 03, 2014, 08:08:05 pm »
Good point Systema. It's all about taking pride in your establishment I guess. My biggest gripe is dirty frontages, old cracking stained paint, dark streaks running off the window sills, not hard to pop to B&Q a bit of sugar soap, grab a tin, a few brushes and a ladder eh. Makes all the difference. Just don't paint your establishment pink... not in Llandudno anyway  _))*

Offline systema

« Reply #2274 on: August 03, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »

Salmonella on a plate for fatties.

We have them in Spain where we live for half a year but half of them we knew  last year have shut down as people take more than they can eat then the food is binned -  what a waste.  Then they serve them the next day and this is where the trouble starts.

craigollerton

« Reply #2275 on: August 03, 2014, 08:20:09 pm »

Salmonella on a plate for fatties.

"being constantly refreshed because it's so busy". I can understand your concern if place is dead, but there are such establishments because I go to one when i'm on business in Cardiff for about £12.50 a serving and its pretty damn good value for money for what you get. The place is always busy which gives a good turnover on the food. You can even go 'A la carte' at no extra cost and have a steak cooked in front of you over a large hot plate. I tend to empty all the pork ribs and chicken wings though mind.

Anyway, if your a businessman, who cares who it caters for, it's all about catering for need and making money. If theres a gap in the market which I think there is, just like the American Diners, then people will buy it. Ok it's not your typical £25 2 course meal out and a bottle of wine in a 'nice restaurant', but it's great when you can't quite decide what you want to eat and want to try a little something of everything and it's family friendly with a reduced price for the children.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2276 on: August 03, 2014, 08:21:40 pm »

There are much better ways of investing for better returns without any of the hassle.  :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Dave

« Reply #2277 on: August 03, 2014, 08:22:29 pm »
Salmonella is a good way to loose weight !

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2278 on: August 03, 2014, 08:24:52 pm »
Craig, have you not seen the awful Tripadvisor reviews for Harvey's?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline systema

« Reply #2279 on: August 03, 2014, 08:29:47 pm »

There are much better ways of investing for better returns without any of the hassle.  :)

I would go for it if I was younger - good luck to you - go for it