Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028734 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2085 on: March 23, 2014, 05:38:09 pm »
I would not want to pay £8 for salad!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2086 on: March 24, 2014, 05:50:35 pm »
Although Dave R and I once munched our way through 100 chicken wings in one sitting, even I would not contemplate a 52oz  steak.

However, I understand the novelty value of offering that, and I fancy EVERYTHING else on that menu.

I'm spoiled for choice, and I WILL be rushing there.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2087 on: March 25, 2014, 09:27:19 am »
Dave R and I once munched our way through 100 chicken wings in one sitting
...an occurence that will never be repeated. Depriving 50 chickens of their wings just for one meal is a ridiculous idea.  &shake&

The new Hickorys Steakhouse does look to be a good addition to the local dining offer.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2088 on: March 29, 2014, 10:46:53 am »
I was just reading an article from the buisness daily about the Tudno Castle and director Andrew Burnett said we have had exceptionaly strong interest in the 3 restaurants,interesting.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2089 on: March 29, 2014, 10:58:25 am »
Anybody know what is going into the former Manor Foods shop next door to Fountains?

Whoever or whatever it is has applied for a change of use.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2090 on: March 29, 2014, 01:03:00 pm »
That's interesting where did you see the info regarding change of use for mannor foods. I saw two well dressed gents entering the premises yesterday.
If they need a change of use one can only imagine it must be food orientated. seen no planning app signs

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #2091 on: March 29, 2014, 05:33:13 pm »
It is outside on a pillar.

Change of use from A1 to A3.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2092 on: March 30, 2014, 05:40:31 pm »
That is change of use from retail too restaurant,cafe or pub.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #2093 on: April 01, 2014, 05:44:56 pm »
no more please

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2094 on: April 06, 2014, 12:56:25 pm »
I hear the London is to reopen towards the back end of April with sky sports and beer at £2.50 a pint. Cheep wine and spirits, and low cost bottles. it is also to host Karaoke nights and live entertainment. I also hear the food offer is to be the cheapest in town, whatever that is. apparently the brewery have agreed wholesale prices and low rent to recapture the basic fundamentals which is to sell lots of beer. going into competition with the Carlton and wetherspoons.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2095 on: April 06, 2014, 09:28:03 pm »
Hmmm, a shame that the previous licensees weren't given that same opportunity,  are will it be the same family re-opening it?
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2096 on: April 07, 2014, 09:30:50 am »
I hear the London is to reopen towards the back end of April with sky sports and beer at £2.50 a pint. Cheep wine and spirits, and low cost bottles. it is also to host Karaoke nights and live entertainment. I also hear the food offer is to be the cheapest in town, whatever that is. apparently the brewery have agreed wholesale prices and low rent to recapture the basic fundamentals which is to sell lots of beer. going into competition with the Carlton and wetherspoons.

Not good news for Cooneys or indeed his other bar, both of which aren't cheap, especially the newer establishment

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2097 on: April 10, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »
This, unfortunately, is the whole problem. Pubs trying to undercut each other with cheap beer and cheap food - the standards just get lower and lower and those pubs are not the sort of place that decent people want to frequent and are to the most part - empty. Then, luckily, someone opens a decent establishment, clean, good beer and no TV or music, and low and behold, it's a storming success. And those empty pubs selling low-cost lager to the odd drunk cannot understand why. The Albion in Conwy is an obvious example. It's not cheap beer and food that the majority of people want, it's a decent establishment. 
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2098 on: April 10, 2014, 07:03:17 pm »
Bosun we have the London,Mostyn Arms and the Parade available yet nobody will invest in town.I would say the lads in the town house and crossn keys look after their beer well and the Snowdon,Kings Head,Queen Vic are decent pubs,the Neville is a very local pub then eateries the Albert and the Cottage Loaf very nice,only leaves the Carlton ,wethers and the Kings Arms bottom of the list,not sure why nobody will try the Albion idea but we can;t force people to invest even in a top ten resort.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2099 on: April 10, 2014, 11:27:22 pm »
When I hear people moaning about beer prices, I usually roll my eyes in disdain, because you get what you pay for in life in terms of nice surroundings etc.

But today, I heard myself complaining in agreement with those folks, as I bought a pint of lager in the Lilly at West Shore, and was charged FOUR POUNDS and TWENTY FIVE PENCE!!         
Yes, £4.25 a pint, next stop a fiver a pint, and it won't be long.

I often get asked why the pubs in town are so quiet, well at those prices they deserve to be.   &shake&
Fester...