Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028827 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1740 on: August 23, 2013, 07:14:10 am »
Haven't been there for some time but it has always been excellent when I visited.

I went to 121 for a mid morning snack today, have to say food & service was great, couldn't fault it at all.

Looks like it has settled down and becoming consistent in its quality!   ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1741 on: August 23, 2013, 08:38:12 am »
You'd best give it another try.  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1742 on: August 24, 2013, 07:57:29 am »
You'd best give it another try.  $good$

Called by last Thursday early and the place was empty so didn't bother.  Must have been before you went in for your super breakfast.  Will try again after Monday once I'm back home.   A few hundred miles away at present and breakfasting in Morrisons this morning!  And super it is too!  :D
Cicero

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #1743 on: August 27, 2013, 08:42:41 pm »
Cafe 121 has now appeared on Tripadvisor, so we can all luxuriate in giving our feedback!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1744 on: August 27, 2013, 08:54:31 pm »
Do you have a link, Yelboh?  :)

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #1745 on: August 27, 2013, 09:02:58 pm »
Hi Dave, link is
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190724-d4750475-Reviews-One_Two_One-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html
Only one review for them so far, but I guess it has only just appeared on "trip" :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1746 on: August 27, 2013, 09:04:43 pm »
Cheers, mate.  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1747 on: August 31, 2013, 01:32:09 am »
I fancied a visit to 'Characters', a supposedly new type of eating experience in Llandudno.

They encouraged bookings and enquiries via Facebook,  so we dutifully sent a message and a booking request.

After a few days, we heard nothing at all, so I resorted to the old-fashioned method of phoning them to ensure our booking was secure.
Sadly, we were met with a very terse 'sod-off, we are busy, please phone back later' type of reply.

No, we won't be doing that... instead, we will give our 'hard-earned' to businesses such as The Seahorse and others who know how to nurture custom and treat potential customers with a modicum of respect and courtesy.

You know what?  In Winter, they will be desperate for customers and Characters will be phoning ME back to solicit my custom.
I think I might be just a little too busy, giving my cash to their competitors.
On top of that, when my customers ask me to recommend a place to dine, as they do numerous times a week, what shall I be telling them?

What did Julia Roberts say to the obnoxious sales-girl in the film Pretty Woman?   'Big Mistake... Huge'

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Linda

« Reply #1748 on: August 31, 2013, 10:24:53 am »
The other day whilst waiting for an appointment in Colwyn bay, hub, daughter and I stopped for coffee and toast at a certain cafe. We ordered the coffee ,was asked if the decaff was black or white, daughter said black ,was given white so the lady serving gave her another one. Then our two coffees were poured and daughter noticed bits of food on cups and again we asked for clean cups. Instead of apologies she stomped into the side area and i could see her obviously having a quiet go at us.
All we had asked for was 1 decaff and two reg coffees and 3 toasts, How hard is that and maybe small smile on face wouldhave been nice.
I dread to think what would have happened if we had asked for full breakfasts.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1749 on: August 31, 2013, 11:00:30 am »
Name and Shame and save Members of the Forum suffering the same experience!      ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1750 on: August 31, 2013, 11:18:39 am »
and for the owners to help bring about change.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1751 on: August 31, 2013, 12:01:11 pm »
and for the owners to help bring about change.

Which is the best reason of all!    :D
Cicero

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1752 on: August 31, 2013, 03:49:20 pm »
We put in our Bedbook "Please be a friend and tell us when something's wrong". That way a hole host of minor niggles and annoyances were easily avoided, and good customer service was usually maintained.   
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1753 on: August 31, 2013, 05:25:58 pm »
The new "Orme" chippy is now listed on TripAdvisor and has it's first five star rating.  Might have to check it out sometime ;).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190724-d4758874-Reviews-The_Orme_Traditional_Fish_Chips-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Linda

« Reply #1754 on: August 31, 2013, 10:42:29 pm »
Name and Shame and save Members of the Forum suffering the same experience!      ZXZ

All i will say is prominent position for food shopping and noted for great toast. In all fairness it has been ok before but there is a certain member of staff that needs a little lesson in customer relations. Still we all have bad days ! but dirty coffee cups not acceptable by any standards.