Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028837 times)

Offline FatAndy

Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1530 on: June 25, 2013, 08:48:04 pm »
Being fair, Trip Advisor does have it 'Ranked #7 of 136 restaurants in Llandudno', which is pretty good.

It's ranked #22 of 135 today.  Seems like the this forum has some influence after all (the latest review has a certain familiarity) :roll:.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1531 on: June 25, 2013, 09:35:05 pm »
Probably mine, as i repeated the above on TA.    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1532 on: June 26, 2013, 08:35:22 am »
The Clemence Restaurant in Conwy is up for rent, £19.5k a year. Good opportunity for someone, although needs complete refurb.

Clemence Restaurant, Conwy by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Offline Linda

« Reply #1533 on: June 27, 2013, 12:52:38 pm »
Lovely day at Rhos on Sea, a little shopping with a dear friend and we decided not to have an indoor lunch but went to the Aristadeli (the old bank building and got salads and takeaway drinks all for 4.40 each. The salads were delicious with everthing pasta cous cous and potato salad as well as usual stuff,  plus choice of meats or tuna given wooden knives and forks and napkins. Great for a healthy picnic! which we had on the front at Rhos. Just wondering though why outside the Coop a security van was at constant alert with his 'Please help I'm under attack, call the police immediately' going off. My pal and i were the only ones to check the driver was ok , everyone else just stood and looked or carried on walking regardless of this warning. Maybe we were a little crazy going to the van if there had been a robbery underway but for heavens sake are we such a nation of ignoring someone who may be in trouble. When we knew all was ok we laughed as whenever over the years she and I have gone out something has cropped up. The stories I could tell ! _))*

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1534 on: June 27, 2013, 02:58:24 pm »
The same thing happened to us in mid-Wales whilst we were away. The police came shrieking up-- the driver was laughing his head off!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1535 on: June 27, 2013, 04:27:37 pm »
Lovely day at Rhos on Sea, a little shopping with a dear friend and we decided not to have an indoor lunch but went to the Aristadeli (the old bank building and got salads and takeaway drinks all for 4.40 each.

The Mrs and me dropped into the Deli this afternoon and found it attractively set out, a good variety of produce and an interesting menu, which on this occasion we did not sample.

It is just a pity that similar enthusiasm as must have been put into the organising, was not reflected by the sole person "minding the shop"!   When we entered the shop was empty and the girl behind the counter either did not notice us, or we were invisible or she just didn't have any training in customer service.  We did not receive any greeting or any offer of assistance.   To save the silence deafening us I voluteered, "We've just heard about you being here and have popped along to have a look round."

What a wonderful buying signal - that was totally ignored, as was the opportunity to make a sales pitch about what they sold and encourage a possible new customer.

During our look round I chose some chilli peanuts and proffered these at the counter to make my payment.  "60 pence." - I offered a £2 coin - "£1.40 change."  No please, no thank you, no smile, definitely no training, probably no future!

As we were leaving another person entered and went into the back of the shop, I wonder if she was the person whose money went to set up the business?
 :(
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1536 on: June 27, 2013, 05:15:22 pm »
Hey Yorkie, don't forget, you're not supposed anything vaguely negative on here...  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1537 on: June 27, 2013, 06:37:36 pm »
Hey Yorkie, don't forget, you're not supposed anything vaguely negative on here...  :laugh:

I think that my "negative" message could yield some "positive" action, providing it is read by the right person!   I have always felt that the Retail Industry has suffered from a lack of appropriate training.  I think the best example of how to "sell" in a Retail environment is to visit a few of the frock and fashion shops in Oxford Street, London, and surrounding area.  If you walk into a shop it is understood that you went in for a purpose, and that purpose was to buy something.  So the Staff will do their best, without being rude or overpowering, to part you with some of your money!

I'm sure you understand Fester as, I believe you had connections with the Rag Trade.    ZXZ

Mazel Tov!    Z**
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1538 on: June 27, 2013, 06:45:48 pm »
Fester ,did you work in Burton;s.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1539 on: June 27, 2013, 07:04:18 pm »

I think the best example of how to "sell" in a Retail environment is to visit a few of the frock and fashion shops in Oxford Street, London, and surrounding area. 

So how many frocks have you got now Yorkie?  :laugh:  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1540 on: June 27, 2013, 07:28:20 pm »

So how many frocks have you got now Yorkie?  :laugh:  :twoface:

Might surprise you to know, Merddin, that I had an 'igh class frock shop in the Midlands just before we moved up 'ere. 
I still have a small wardrobe of schmutter so if you want something for a "special" evening out with the rest of the "girls", just let me know!   _))*

Also got the accessories and suitable "padding" if needed.   L0L
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1541 on: June 27, 2013, 07:49:42 pm »
 _))* lovely! Not surprisingly I've never been in a posh frock shop, don't think erindoors has either!  ;D

Offline Linda

« Reply #1542 on: June 27, 2013, 10:52:44 pm »
Some of you guys on here, seriously worry me lol. Ill know who you all are if i see Guys walking around Rhos in posh frocks with accessories and padding. Did see a few of those when I worked at the Jewellers most charming folk as i recall.
Sorry Yorkie you had a bad experience of the Deli at Rhos, the lady that served us was very friendly and informative over what she sold in jams chutneys etc. So you must have called while she was out, other than that I can only think If you were wearing a POSH frock you may have frightened her  :roll:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1543 on: June 27, 2013, 11:19:21 pm »
 _))*

Offline Linda

« Reply #1544 on: June 27, 2013, 11:40:16 pm »
The same thing happened to us in mid-Wales whilst we were away. The police came shrieking up-- the driver was laughing his head off!

:) It was the tapping on the van windscreen by my friend and i that made us laugh afterwards and we did a thumbs up to the driver who was obviously trying frantically to turn off the warning siren  $good$