Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028981 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1410 on: May 06, 2013, 09:49:45 pm »
   Phew!!! Just looked into the forum at the end of a fairly long day. As usual,straight down to view the list of most recent posts. SHOCK. The whole lot was taken up with posts a bouts cafes etc. Couldn't believe it. WHAT HAS HAPPENED?
   Dave R barred from Cafe Nero?

So I start reading, page after page.  well thank you to some of the contributors, not all, but some. You have succeeded in wasting around 15 mins of my time and at my age, time is precious.

Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1411 on: May 06, 2013, 10:02:56 pm »
    Just gone back again to read through all the messages.

Yes, I wasent mistaken

In amongst the insults being thrown from one side and another there is a very short post from an old forum friend, recently departed.

No, not from this life, just from the forum.
    I, for one, would like to say welcome back. Even if your return is, by your standards, very subdued

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1412 on: May 06, 2013, 11:41:34 pm »
well spotted mike it takes a plonker to join us to bring him back were he belongs. Just hope this is not a flying visit you old yorkshire pudding

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1413 on: May 07, 2013, 12:26:38 am »
Well, what a tizz some people get themselves into.  All because of a disparity over what constitutes 'fair value' for a glass of wine.  $drink1$

A few points if I may.
Major Mellons, thanks for the kind words, I do recall posting something which inadvertantly offended you, back in the mists of time, (an ill judged joke)...however you have the dignity to see past that and post a most reasoned comment.

Sara, thank you also, I too was baffled by Buff's unhealthy obsession with digging up my posts on other forums.

Merddin, I couldn't help but notice that a certain someone tried to taint you in this matter, but you neatly made your point and stepped away from the absurd discussion.

Tosh, many thanks for your immediate supportive comments. No one needs to apologise to me, because being called a KNOB is one of the milder things that drift my way on a daily basis.  In fact it as tantamount to my annual appraisal!
If Mrs Fester called me that, I would consider it a term of endearment!  :laugh:

Let me see, who else. Ah yes!  Yorkie...
You didn't think I noticed you slip that one liner in... well I did, and I hope it is the sign of an imminent return.

Born To Run,
Not sure what you are on about, in fact I would be worried if we ever did agree on something.
But I am going to kick your butt at darts and quizzes, (although you seem to be 3-2 up at the moment, and you have the advantage Sir!)

Ian / Dave R.... a lot of measured patience shown today by you both, but you were on a hiding to nothing it seems.

Last but not least... Buff Orpington.
I loved that name, it really tickled me, but sadly he embarrassed himself and it seems he no longer exists.
I was looking forward to a few interesting contributions by him, but sadly he went off the rails.
Sorry to inform you that despite loving Motorhead, I abhor Fishing, (and have never appeared in The Addams Family) so you have most likely attacked quite a few 'Festers' across the Internet today, none of which were me.

Furthermore, I would like other Forum members to know that despite pleading to be deleted today, he was actively trying at the same time to set up new 'fictitious memberships', I think that speaks volumes for the mental state of the person we are dealing with.

In closing, I would like to place on record that there was a concerted attempt to damage my business today, at the same time as a certain Mr Orpington was online on this Forum in the wee small hours. (He knows that I know)
A little bit of investigation proved it to be the same individual.
You stepped on my Blue Suede Shoes there pal, and this is a small town..... I look forward to having a friendly chat, very soon. A meeting of minds you might say?

Goodnight all,  and I can't wait to get back to talking about Cafe's and Restaurants real soon!

Fester (The Knob)  :-*

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1414 on: May 07, 2013, 07:14:54 am »
 aaa.gif   So what is a good price for a glass of wine?  ;D

Yorkie, welcome back!  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1415 on: May 07, 2013, 07:25:04 am »
aaa.gif   So what is a good price for a glass of wine?  ;D

This

Johnny Cash - He Turned The Water Into Wine (San Quentin)

ZXZ

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1416 on: May 07, 2013, 08:22:48 am »

I'm not REALLY back, but just couldn't resist joining in the shenanigans of Buff Orpington.  Whoever he was (is), he certainly got the Forum going for a few hours!   

Talking about alcohol, there is a pub called THE BUFF in Orpington in Kent!

And talking about wine, if anyone has visited some of the wine bars around the City of London they will know that a bottle of wine can set you back the equivalent of your monthly mortgage payment.  In fact they probably don't have any glass, of even the cheapest plonk, under a fiver.

ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1417 on: May 07, 2013, 04:06:35 pm »
The hen was the clue-- a Buff Orpington is a type of hen !!!!

Hi Yorkie !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Tosh

« Reply #1418 on: May 07, 2013, 05:50:51 pm »
Well done everybody.
 &well&
Good on yer Fester.
I see you couldn't leave us completely Yorkie.
Keep popping in occasionally, we'll be waiting.
Tosh                             

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1419 on: May 07, 2013, 07:31:25 pm »

I'm not REALLY back, but just couldn't resist joining in the shenanigans of Buff Orpington.  Whoever he was (is), he certainly got the Forum going for a few hours!   

Talking about alcohol, there is a pub called THE BUFF in Orpington in Kent!

And talking about wine, if anyone has visited some of the wine bars around the City of London they will know that a bottle of wine can set you back the equivalent of your monthly mortgage payment.  In fact they probably don't have any glass, of even the cheapest plonk, under a fiver.

ZXZ

I remember the first time I went to a bar in Twickenham with my girlfriend. A homely sort of pub, looked a bit like the Cottage Loaf (old version I'm still to witness the new design) I ordered us a couple of double vodka and lemonades and had my tenner out ready, only to nearly hit the floor when she came out with "That'll be £18 please!" Those sort of prices sober you up rather quickly I find  Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1420 on: May 08, 2013, 09:27:14 am »
I see a menu has appeared in the window of the new Dr. Jones Bar & Grill in the old Gimberts shop in Upper Mostyn St. Looks like an ok menu, not a million miles away from Fat Cat, but the proof will be in the eating, of course.  ;D

No sign of the Oatcake shop opening yet, next to the Con Club?  :roll:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1421 on: May 08, 2013, 10:05:13 am »
I guess the oatcake shop missed the boat so to speak-- what a lost opportunity :(
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1422 on: May 09, 2013, 10:19:26 pm »
Lots of of rumours that the Lilly at West Shore is to close and the site sold for flats. Hope it's not true.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1423 on: May 09, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »
Haven't they recently spent on extending and renovating the top floors?  Bit of a waste of dosh if its going to be knocked down!  Personally haven't been there since Dave Kavanagh left so don't know what we've missed!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Linda

« Reply #1424 on: May 09, 2013, 10:45:52 pm »
Welcome back Yorkie!  :)