Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1029242 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #645 on: December 16, 2011, 09:02:39 am »
Drove through town last night on my way to the joint Hospices Carol Service expecting to have problems parking due to late night shopping. I could have parked anywhere !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #646 on: December 16, 2011, 11:32:25 am »
Gone are the days when the town council do anything for the late nite shopping ,but they should have bands on doing xmas carols during the weekends but i ain;t going there.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #647 on: December 17, 2011, 01:13:08 pm »
There is no Christmas spirit in town apart from the Rotary collecting and the big issue seller with his xmas hat on ,now i know people on this forum must be sick of hearing me go on but unless this council pulls its finger out put some enterainment on spruce up the town and attract more people WE Will miss out.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #648 on: December 17, 2011, 02:07:58 pm »
Amnesty International are singing carols by Boots opticians and there is also some sort of 'Christmas Noise' going on by Greenwoods.
The lady with the organ and the pug dog was playing carols in the old Diskos doorway.
This was today at about 1.30ish.
M&S looked like a bunfight--didn't go down that road-- but they were dishing out bits of broken up biscuit yesterday !!!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #649 on: December 17, 2011, 04:00:24 pm »
There is no Christmas spirit in town apart from the Rotary collecting and the big issue seller with his xmas hat on ,now i know people on this forum must be sick of hearing me go on but unless this council pulls its finger out put some enterainment on spruce up the town and attract more people WE Will miss out.

Over the past year you have drawn to our attention many of the shortcomings of the present Town Council.   In 2012 you will be able to do something constructive about the situation.  You can put yourself up for Election to the Town (or even County) Council and if elected, you will be in a position to do something positive about it.    ;)

I am certainly thinking of standing but at my age I may be considered just another old fogey who wants something to do in his spare time - we shall have to wait and see!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #650 on: December 17, 2011, 04:44:49 pm »
Yorkie you know when i was there i tried with no success ,they just ain;t interested.Their attitude is WHY should we do anything to help Llandudno at xmas.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #651 on: December 17, 2011, 05:19:01 pm »
No comment Wrex !

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #652 on: December 17, 2011, 05:28:43 pm »
Yorkie you know when i was there i tried with no success ,they just ain;t interested.Their attitude is WHY should we do anything to help Llandudno at xmas.

Ah!   But if we both get elected that would be c 18% so we would only have to get another 82% on our side and - VOILE - everything will change!............ ZXZ

Won't it??????    :D

Then there is a possibilty of Ian Turner and Ruby W,  and maybe a few others from this Forum - who knows we could even finish up with a Three Towns Council in a coalition with Oscar!    ;)
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #653 on: December 17, 2011, 06:33:48 pm »
I think it would be excellent to have two such erudite and challenging Forum members as Wrex and Yorkie on the Town Council in Llandudno.

I encourage you both, and maybe others, to put yourselves forward, and I would support you in any way I can.

How good it would be to have a voice (albeit indirectly) on the Council from this Forum.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #654 on: December 18, 2011, 07:44:21 am »
Not until the conservatives of this town vote for the candidate and not the party we have no chance,they would vote for the big issue seller if he had a blue rosset on so we are stuck with whoever JFS can convince to stand and no im not turning blue even for the town;s sake.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #655 on: December 18, 2011, 09:24:52 am »
You have to be very careful if they invite you to run with them.   One year J F-S asked me to run with her in  one Ward where I intended standing as an Independant.   I chose to accept her offer, not because I was blue but because I was green = so bloody green that when it came to getting the canvassing under way I was suddenly dropped.  So out went one of the blue's main competition!

It was then a bit late to get my leaflets done, delivered and do some canvassing, so needless to say I did not get in.   Nice trick Janet!   I wouldn't give her the **** from my **** now!    WWW
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #656 on: December 18, 2011, 12:27:30 pm »
Perhaps you should campaign under the Plaid Cymru banner?

It seems to be full of members that are not Welsh by birth?

A bit like Abdul Patel campaigning for the BNP in my view.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #657 on: December 18, 2011, 12:59:47 pm »
Is that the sound of a can of worms being opened?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #658 on: December 18, 2011, 01:56:03 pm »

An extra large can!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #659 on: December 18, 2011, 04:13:53 pm »

Yes a can of worms.

An extra large can!

And -yes a very large can!    _))*    _))*
Cicero