Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 651011 times)

Offline Mr Tunnock

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1530 on: December 08, 2015, 10:51:46 am »
An application for a change of use from shop to restaurant has been made for New Look's old shop on Mostyn Street Llandudno.

Wildwood Restaurants

Wildwood is a small collection of restaurants that serves freshly prepared food.

Our aim is simple: to serve great food delivered by friendly staff in a relaxed, homely environment.

Whether you choose from the grill section, stone-baked pizza or our freshly prepared pastas, our passion for high quality dishes is the main focus across all of our restaurants.
http://www.wildwoodrestaurants.co.uk/about/

http://www.conwy.gov.uk/Northgate/EnglishPlanningExplorer/Generic/StdDetails.aspx?PT=Planning Applications On-Line&TYPE=PL/PlanningPK.xml&PARAM0=395248&XSLT=/Northgate/EnglishPlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Conwy/xslt/PL/PLDetails.xslt&FT=Planning Application Details&PUBLIC=Y&XMLSIDE=/Northgate/EnglishPlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Conwy/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #1531 on: December 08, 2015, 11:03:53 am »
I have eaten at one of these restaurants and, although the menu is fairly run of the mill, the quality of the decor is very, very good.

I guess it's quite a compliment for them to have chosen to seemingly expand to Llandudno as their nearest restaurant looks to be Nottingham with almost all the others in suburban South-East England, including some extremely affluent home counties commuter towns. So it seems a good quality outfit and I hope will be allowed to open. That shop has been without a permanent occupier for far too long.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1532 on: December 08, 2015, 05:37:28 pm »
Nice to see quality coming to town

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1533 on: December 09, 2015, 08:54:08 am »
Looks promising, should be a nice addition to Llandudno.  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1534 on: January 15, 2016, 09:59:13 pm »
Nigel Roberts shop is now let and St Davids comm reporting a couple of other lets in Llandudno on his twitter

Offline hiraeth

« Reply #1535 on: January 16, 2016, 11:18:47 am »
I remember a tiny shop on Mostyn Street called Sandbach, is it still there?  i recall on the ground floor i used go and buy a delicious fudge and probably gobble it on the way home.A flight of steep narrow stairs  to the second floor where if I remember it correctly was a little cafe and another flight to the top floor where there were superb and unusual gifts. i bought many birthday and Christmas presents there.
When you stepped on the top step of the stairs a buzzer would go off alerting the staff of your presence and make you jump!
 Good memories but I expect it's difficult for a small shop like that to survive these days.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1536 on: January 24, 2016, 01:00:11 pm »
Small unit has under offer on it,so maybe it is Rubens

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1537 on: January 25, 2016, 09:20:17 am »
I remember a tiny shop on Mostyn Street called Sandbach, is it still there?  i recall on the ground floor i used go and buy a delicious fudge and probably gobble it on the way home.A flight of steep narrow stairs  to the second floor where if I remember it correctly was a little cafe and another flight to the top floor where there were superb and unusual gifts. i bought many birthday and Christmas presents there.
When you stepped on the top step of the stairs a buzzer would go off alerting the staff of your presence and make you jump!
 Good memories but I expect it's difficult for a small shop like that to survive these days.
Sandbach sadly disappeared years ago, the shop became part of the larger shop next door. A shame that a lot of these smaller units have disappeared off the High Street; maybe one of the bigger vacant units could be subdivided into 'starter' retail units at a low rent.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1538 on: January 25, 2016, 10:00:43 am »
Noticed that Susan French had her windows covered over the other day. Hope she hasn't closed, it was a fascinating shop.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1539 on: January 25, 2016, 10:22:56 am »
Probably a refurbishment like the Irish Bar.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1540 on: January 25, 2016, 07:56:32 pm »
Noticed that Susan French had her windows covered over the other day. Hope she hasn't closed, it was a fascinating shop.

It's closed down Nem.
The answer is on a poster on the pier,  the 'Art Hut' which has been on the pier for the last 2 years has moved to that unit.
Opening in early Feb, according to the proprietor.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1541 on: January 25, 2016, 09:06:05 pm »
Thanks for the info Fes. Shame that....I loved to admire her windows.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1542 on: January 25, 2016, 09:21:19 pm »
Thanks for the info Fes. Shame that....I loved to admire her windows.

Many did, but no one ever bought anything.
I nearly took that unit on, 3 years ago, (just before Susan did), it seemed decent value at £8k per annum and no rates but after weeks of close watching, it was obvious that the footfall was very low.
Locals walk past that area, but visitors really don't go up there in any numbers.

However, given the right range and the right marketing (which I have never been good at), the Art Gallery could do quite well.
One thing for sure, it will look nice!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1543 on: February 03, 2016, 05:31:43 pm »
Looked at Legat Owen website about units under Clarence,if you press on details it says both are under offer,dreaming,Nigel Roberts is also under offer so it might look a bit different in a few months

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #1544 on: February 05, 2016, 06:18:01 pm »
New people have got the key's for Nigel Roberts place I believe