Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 651012 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1170 on: July 09, 2014, 01:42:47 pm »
The residents of Llandudno have received an A4 colour leaflet promoting special opening offers for the new Domino's in Colwyn Bay boasting they deliver to the many local areas including Llandudno.

However, when I visit their website and put in my Craig-y-Don postcode, I am informed they offer a 'collection only' service.

http://www.dominos.co.uk/

I shall be interested to learn from other forum users living in Llandudno if they receive the same message as me when they input their home postode.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1171 on: July 09, 2014, 01:59:26 pm »
It's a big shop that....and I was certain that there would be some tables in there.     

What else is all that square footage being used for if not?

For the hordes of tourists queuing up in the summer and the hordes of vast space there will be in the winter!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1172 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:19 pm »
Called in for a look, bought 3 gingerbread men for £1 Oh says they are OK. Not impressed , the shop seems very small for the size of the property. They seemed to be doing a good trade on sandwiches.
Went across to Gregs for a jam doughnut, 45p, could have had 3 for £1, but don't imagine that they would be edible tomorrow. !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1173 on: July 09, 2014, 03:41:47 pm »
The residents of Llandudno have received an A4 colour leaflet promoting special opening offers for the new Domino's in Colwyn Bay boasting they deliver to the many local areas including Llandudno.

However, when I visit their website and put in my Craig-y-Don postcode, I am informed they offer a 'collection only' service.

I shall be interested to learn from other forum users living in Llandudno if they receive the same message as me when they input their home postode.

Have you tried ringing them direct instead of ordering over the internet?
They may have taken a decision to deliver outside Domino's standard area to maximise their trade as the leaflet clearly states Conwy, Llandudno & Llanddulas. Surely they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of having them printed if they weren't going to deliver to those areas?
Valar Morghulis

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1174 on: July 09, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »
Went across to Gregs for a jam doughnut, 45p, could have had 3 for £1, but don't imagine that they would be edible tomorrow. !!

Surely that's not a problem though as if you bought three jam doughnuts today they'd have long since ceased to exist by tomorrow?
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1175 on: July 09, 2014, 04:05:51 pm »

They may have taken a decision to deliver outside Domino's standard area to maximise their trade as the leaflet clearly states Conwy, Llandudno & Llanddulas. Surely they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of having them printed if they weren't going to deliver to those areas?

Mine also says collection only how strange. Maybe they haven't recruited enough delivery drivers yet

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1176 on: July 09, 2014, 04:37:20 pm »
They may have taken a decision to deliver outside Domino's standard area to maximise their trade as the leaflet clearly states Conwy, Llandudno & Llanddulas. Surely they

No, I haven’t rung them yet because I wanted to be sure of my facts first.

BTW, my leaflet does not clearly state the towns you have quoted.

Mine states Conway and Llauddulas.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1177 on: July 09, 2014, 07:59:10 pm »
They may have taken a decision to deliver outside Domino's standard area to maximise their trade as the leaflet clearly states Conwy, Llandudno & Llanddulas. Surely they

No, I haven’t rung them yet because I wanted to be sure of my facts first.

BTW, my leaflet does not clearly state the towns you have quoted.

Mine states Conway and Llauddulas.

Some of us have the intellect to spot a spelling mistake!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1178 on: July 09, 2014, 08:09:29 pm »

Surely that's not a problem though as if you bought three jam doughnuts today they'd have long since ceased to exist by tomorrow?

That would have been the trouble, there's only me like them and ..........
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1179 on: July 09, 2014, 08:40:14 pm »
Some of us have the intellect to spot a spelling mistake!

No doubt, you also have the ability to read the Deal Conditions on page 3.

I just phoned Domino's and asked if they deliver to Llandudno and they informed me they are too busy to do that.

They also told me I can phone back tomorrow afternoon and they may then.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1180 on: July 09, 2014, 09:12:44 pm »
Hopefully Pizza Hut will take notice of Domino's delivery service (if it exists) and start offering delivery from the Junction in the future.

Emo Philips

Offline dwsi

« Reply #1181 on: July 10, 2014, 12:08:10 pm »
Domino's phone app says they don't deliver to Conwy, it's collection only  (*)

Offline BMD

« Reply #1182 on: July 10, 2014, 01:06:05 pm »
Just looking at the Domino's price list. I've not had take-out pizza for a while, but this seems a tad pricey. £10.99 for a medium (11.5") cheese & tomato pizza; £14.99 for a medium "Hot & Spicy" pizza.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1183 on: July 10, 2014, 02:09:37 pm »
Just looking at the Domino's price list. I've not had take-out pizza for a while, but this seems a tad pricey. £10.99 for a medium (11.5") cheese & tomato pizza; £14.99 for a medium "Hot & Spicy" pizza.

That is a lot more than Pizza hut (Who do 2 for one on Tuesday) and local firms like Bay Grill

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1184 on: July 10, 2014, 07:25:54 pm »

If you're paying online do a quick Google search for "Dominos discount code" before paying.  I've just found a code to get £10 off a £30 spend and another to get £5 off a £20 spend.  I once had a code that got me 50% off all orders from Pizza Hut that was valid for a year, but sadly has now expired  :(.

Emo Philips