Forum Central > The Three Towns Forum

System Announcements

<< < (66/80) > >>

Ian:
We're seeing a steady flow of new member applications at the moment so I'd just like to take a moment and welcome all the new members who've joined recently onto the forum. We've made it difficult to get on, as there are questions which do demand a fair bit of local knowledge, but that was necessary as we had a minor invasion of Russian spammers some while back. So welcome aboard and please don't feel nervous about contributing.

Nemesis:
Welcome all the newbies. I was one of the very original members back in C.O.'s time and, although I have never met most people it is nice to exchange opinions with everyone. Hope some new people will have some great contributions to make. Cheers all and stay safe.

Ian:
We've had 14 member applications which are mainly from Russia and similar places.  So for the moment I've disabled new member registrations. If you know of anyone who wants to become a member, please PM me and I'll arrange to register them.  Thanks.

Ian:
I've installed a new modification for those who enjoy quizzes and riddles...

It's the spoiler tag [smg id=4134] which appears when you compose a post and, as you can see it's directly beneath the B button on the line of buttons that appears above when you create your post.

It works like this: If you're answering a quiz question but don't want to spoil it for others, then mouse-over / select the answer and click the spoiler tag.

For example, to hide "Fred"  I simply double click "[spoiler]Fred[/spoiler]" and click the tag.

Ian:
Our hosting service is doing major updates and servicing at the moment, which is why service is extremely slow. Sorry about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version