Poll

What do you think should be the way forward for the Pier Pavilion site?

Modern design, as put forward by Mr Waldron, featuring restaurants, apartments etc
4 (6.1%)
Recreation of original Pier Pavilion design, but with leisure and entertainment facilities inside
50 (75.8%)
Larger version of original design, with leisure, entertainment and apartments included
8 (12.1%)
Leave site empty for another 20 years
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site  (Read 380651 times)

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Reply #1260 on: November 30, 2021, 05:23:49 pm »
Well, I suppose Mr Williams will need to recoup what the site cost him.  The planning consent Mr Waldron had was not personal to him and passes with the site as long is it is valid.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1261 on: November 30, 2021, 10:44:10 pm »
The first problem Adam Williams will have to get over is the problem he and his QC created when they challenged the legality of a decision made by the CCBC Planning committee.
The news about what he proposes to do with the site is disappointing though

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1262 on: December 01, 2021, 09:13:59 am »
Curiously the facebook group "The Pavilioneers - Friends of Llandudno's Pier and Pavilion" has no discussion on this issue whatsoever.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1263 on: December 01, 2021, 09:23:43 am »
Hi Ormemac have a look on the page again I asked Davad Jones about it last night, he's answered let's just see what's happening.

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #1264 on: December 01, 2021, 10:02:13 am »
I am a bit confused by the comment on that Pavilioneers page that someone's spreading this to cause trouble. I think a doc that's been lodged with the Council is a legitimate thing to wonder about. That doc on the CCBC website is also pretty clear that the scheme has seen minor design modifications to account for comments from the Design Commission for Wales and that the number of apartments has been revised down to what it was before Waldron increased them by a few. If it was just to update names on the planning permission as a formality why would you update the plans and modify them at all? Doesn't make sense.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1265 on: December 01, 2021, 12:55:38 pm »
It appears the new application dated 25/11/21 by Adam Williams is just to apply to get the planning permission into his name. Interestingly on this application the ownership Certificate is owned by Mr A Waldron. Most probably what is happening here is Adam Williams wants the permission in his name before he hands over the money to Alan Waldron.
If you read Adam's letter against the original application he was passionate that the Planning Committee did not give their permission for the development to go ahead. I really can't see him continuing with the apartments.
The modifications were carried over from the second application this is the third.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1266 on: December 01, 2021, 04:52:31 pm »
Hi Ormemac have a look on the page again I asked Davad Jones about it last night, he's answered let's just see what's happening.

Thanks. I was looking for a post about it rather than the matter being addressed in the comments of another post. I do hope this is just administrative and not a sign of things to come.

Offline Hugo

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1268 on: December 02, 2021, 10:06:13 am »
This comment is causing excitement..............

“The basis for how I would like it to be is a similar look to the (old) Pavilion and a similar but modern-day use where it’s all indoor entertainment, bowling, restaurants, bars, all indoor stuff."

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1269 on: December 02, 2021, 10:07:26 am »
An indoor theme park would certainly make a lot of sense.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1270 on: December 02, 2021, 11:01:40 am »
After all these years that us locals have been hoping that their could be an indoor venue for locals and visitors at long last it will happen, Well if this stupid useless council don't reject it.

Offline Dave

« Reply #1271 on: December 02, 2021, 08:27:15 pm »
As long as it's a tasteful design and fits in with the surrounds...perfect!

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1272 on: December 08, 2021, 10:37:07 am »
THE new owner of Llandudno’s former Pavilion site believes a £15million entertainment complex could “totally change” tourism in the town.

Adam Williams, who also owns Llandudno Pier, said plans for the new development will honour the architecture of the former landmark and include a bowling alley, a range of indoor entertainment, bars and restaurants.

It is currently at an early stage and Mr Williams said there will be “no rush” to submit a planning application as he expects the development to exist for 200 years.

“The plans are not just what the people want in Llandudno, it should also be the successful answer.
“You can have a short-term money-making scheme but that’s not what the Pier is about.
“This is going to be there for generations, it is going to suit everybody and be what we need.

Plans for the development follow Adam buying the land from developer Alan Waldron for an estimated £2.8m last month.

The Pavilion site owner said the development will also be adaptable so that it can meet the demands of future changes in the tourism industry.

“We don’t intend to rush plans for this building; it needs to be there and usable for 200 years,” he said.

“We also need to get this right so that the use of the building can change as the industry changes.

“We have to make sure we construct big enough shells of a building so that we can change the internals.

“But what we’re talking about now is what the building was originally designed for.

“We would like to try and replicate in some manner the original Pavilion, or some representation of it that is recognisable.”

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19767445.plans-llandudno-pavilion-site-will-boost-off-peak-trade-says-owner/

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1273 on: December 08, 2021, 11:18:35 am »
I wonder if the new owner will be expecting financial support for his new venture on the lines of the former Lloyd Street School and the Washington Hotel both received?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1274 on: June 21, 2023, 11:59:21 am »
Two years on and no signs of any plans or planning applications for the Pavilion site. One could almost think that the pier owner only bought it to prevent anyone else developing the site maybe?