Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 218325 times)

Offline Kearsley Maghull

Re: Welcome!
« Reply #330 on: February 01, 2014, 12:44:46 pm »
There's a fair chance, seeing as EVERYONE is called Roberts!

In fact, I have looked on my phone contacts, and I have added NINE of them in the last four years.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #331 on: February 02, 2014, 12:32:39 pm »
Working in the area for 6 - 8 months, just saying "Hello"

Maghull

Welcome to the area & hope that you enjoy your stay here,    Maghull reminds me of of when we travelled there to play football,  many years ago and after the game we always went to the Punchbowl Pub and we were there from when it opened until the time it closed.
Gordon West the Everton goalkeeper often served our drinks and always had a pint nearby for himself.   Saw Ian Gallaghan there once and he was drinking fruit juice as he always kept himself in good shape.

Offline infinityheating

• Infinity Heating
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2014, 02:02:45 pm »
Just saying Hello. Local plumbing and heating business, always interested on the goings on across the Three Towns area.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #333 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:03 am »
Working in the area for 6 - 8 months, just saying "Hello"

Maghull

Welcome to the area & hope that you enjoy your stay here,    Maghull reminds me of of when we travelled there to play football,  many years ago and after the game we always went to the Punchbowl Pub and we were there from when it opened until the time it closed.
Gordon West the Everton goalkeeper often served our drinks and always had a pint nearby for himself.   Saw Ian Gallaghan there once and he was drinking fruit juice as he always kept himself in good shape.

Gordan West was a great man, very funny and witty. I remember him saying 'If I had earned the money Rooney earns, I would have played for 2 years then buggered on a beach and drink!' Sadly he died a couple of years ago.

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2014, 11:41:25 am »
'Honey West' as the Kop called him! Even presented him with a handbag before one derby match at Anfield!
Justice for the 96

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2014, 10:14:37 pm »
thank you bri thought the name rang a bell ,shame he had a bad knee injury what a player ,he was born in blackpool signed for everton £400 a lot in them days, welcome karen.

Offline titus22

• http://ny.pe
« Reply #336 on: March 19, 2014, 09:30:33 am »
Thanks for the effort. Greeting to everyone, hope we can exchange some great stuff here. $good$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: March 19, 2014, 10:05:20 am »
You're welcome, Titus. Hope you enjoy the place.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: March 20, 2014, 07:16:55 am »
I've moved the research questions into "Llandudno's early Families" in Genealogy and Research.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline A.L.N. (a local nobody)

« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2014, 02:52:38 pm »
Just to say Hello.

Having followed this forum for a long time I finally joined.

Have been a local resident for 15 years now having spent many happy holidays in the area in the sixties (what memories). In the "short time" I've lived here I've seen a lot of that History fall away. That's not a surprise as you can't live in the past. What is a suprise is the lack of any vision to replace it!

Word of explanation "a local nobody" or A.O.L is councilspeak for a resident who wants support for, or questions local activites.
Hence the plural "Those local nobodies" some people translate this as meaning voters.   

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2014, 09:59:49 pm »
Nice one A.L.N.

Welcome to the Forum.

Offline lizcj

« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2014, 07:14:29 am »
Hi, I discovered this forum last night as my mum is a family history fanatic (I think she plans to join soon too) In the photos section, I met my Great Taid and saw my Great Aunt as a little girl, fabulous, looking forward to trawling through more. I'm not a Llanduno girl but my Grandad was deeply rooted in the town ( though he quife liked Mold for a beer as long as it was Ansells Ale!)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2014, 07:17:24 am »
Nice to have you on board, lizcj.

Offline matty48

« Reply #343 on: October 23, 2014, 12:11:49 pm »
LLandudno has a special place in my heart and memories.  Me and my wife visited countless times over the years.  Unfortunately my wife passed away 3 years ago, but the memories remain.  Looking forward to being a part of what looks to be a great community.  Cheers.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #344 on: October 23, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »
Hi Matty.    Welcome....look forward to future chats.. $good$