Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 229340 times)

Offline phil

• Born in the Bay but exiled for now!
    • Colwyn Bay and Beyond.
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #300 on: August 18, 2013, 10:54:24 am »
Welcome to the Forum, Phil  $good$

Thanks  $thanx$
I have always been Welsh First, British Second and European Third, i am proud of my Celtic heritage and passionately proud my hometown which in my view has seen better days but still has a lot going for it.

Offline Minime

« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2013, 11:36:27 pm »
Evening all.  We're going to be moving into the area next month so just having a mooch round.  We've talked about it for many years and after our last hols took the plunge. We normally head down the peninsula but I've still got work and that would be a bit of a trek to Liverpool so decided on colwyn bay. Had a look round and liked the facilities compared to our own village plus the fact OH started sea fishing so decided he needed a boat as he only caught a crab and dogfish last time.  Of course to use the boat effectively we need to be near water and colwyn bay it is.
I've been watching the a55 traffic which shows up green on Google maps each morning but what's it actually like as I'll commute until I can find something more local.  Normally takes me over an hour now going m6/62/rocket so even if its an hour from CB I'll have a much nicer view.  I do tend to leave pretty early to miss the bulk of the local traffic.

Anyway very excited to finally be taking the plunge!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2013, 08:04:55 am »
Hi, Minime. The M6/ M62 / Rocket route can get busy, so you could try the alternative (and usually faster) option of going across the Runcorn Bridge. However, one breakdown or accident there, and you're stuck of course.

But glad you're joining us :-)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Minime

« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2013, 09:28:19 am »
Hi Ian I mean that's my current route from where we live now and takes an hour or more. Most of that time is rocket to city centre where I work so Im looking at a55/a41 or a55/m53 route when we move as birkenhead tunnel very close to work

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2013, 10:21:10 am »
You'll have to get a SatNav!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2013, 02:50:53 pm »
Hi Ian I mean that's my current route from where we live now and takes an hour or more. Most of that time is rocket to city centre where I work so Im looking at a55/a41 or a55/m53 route when we move as birkenhead tunnel very close to work

Faster but you then have tunnel tolls.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Minime

« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2013, 04:24:05 pm »
Im on agency so its claimable :). Will be looking more local once we're in though so only short term hopefully

Offline Inky

« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2013, 07:15:16 am »
Hi all,

I have lived in this wonderful area for around three years now. Moving from Southern England (be gentle now  ;) ) to live with my childhood friend who is now my wife.

I feel very privileged to be able to be here and have felt a great community togetherness quietly behind the scenes with I assume the local authorities also having a great effort in town life, appearance and events.

In the first time in my life I wish to learn about the history of the area and help in the community as well.

Expect many questions!

Inky :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2013, 08:40:11 am »
Welcome to the Forum, Inky.  $good$

Offline Inky

« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2013, 12:24:25 pm »
Thanks DaveR :)

Offline fox34

« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2013, 09:01:46 pm »
As a new addition to the forum, I will be looking forward to gaining greater insights into on going and proposed developments that may effect the communities of the three towns.  Fox.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2013, 09:20:54 pm »
Welcome to the Forum.  $good$

Offline fox34

« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2013, 03:42:13 am »
Thanks.  :) I've had the pleasure of getting to know the three towns throughout my childhood and I'm very interested in discovering more about the communities and the services provided.  I think the forum seems a great way to network, discuss issues and make new friendships.  I've been following the forum for about a month or so now and I've noted that there are key contributors which on the whole appear to be guys.  My interests include the arts, music, literature and fitness.  I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed an interesting career, i'm well travelled and have two very rewarding children.  I'm looking forward to coaxing a few more women to step out into discussion on the forum concerning their experiences of community service provision and other local issues of interest. :)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2013, 07:20:16 am »
Welcome, Inky and Fox. 

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2013, 08:33:01 am »
Thanks.  :) I've had the pleasure of getting to know the three towns throughout my childhood and I'm very interested in discovering more about the communities and the services provided.  I think the forum seems a great way to network, discuss issues and make new friendships.  I've been following the forum for about a month or so now and I've noted that there are key contributors which on the whole appear to be guys.  My interests include the arts, music, literature and fitness.  I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed an interesting career, i'm well travelled and have two very rewarding children.  I'm looking forward to coaxing a few more women to step out into discussion on the forum concerning their experiences of community service provision and other local issues of interest. :)

Hi Fox 34-- I think that you will find that there quite a few women who post regularly, but are not quite as outspoken a some of our lovely men ! :-*  :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.