Members' Lounge > Help Centre

Car Air Con problem

(1/3) > >>

Merddin Emrys:
I recently bought a 2002 Ford Focus estate with non working air con (first mistake :'( ) its's great car and I got it at a good price, but yesterday I took it to Nationwide Autocentre for a regas at £69 and they told me the air con pump is no good, 'it can be fixed for £550 :o :o  Can anyone recommend another place to go at a more realistic price?

Nemesis:
My OH is a 'car addict' and says Did you buy the car from a dealer or a private sale? If it was from a dealer take it back.
If not have you asked Kwik-Fit for an estimate?

DaveR:
It may be worth you giving the W R Davies Ford dealer in Llandudno Junction a call so see how much they would charge?

http://www.wrdavies.co.uk/find-us/ford-llandudno.shtml

Looking on Ebay, the pumps are about £30ish second hand.

Merddin Emrys:

--- Quote from: Nemesis on September 17, 2010, 10:00:46 am ---My OH is a 'car addict' and says Did you buy the car from a dealer or a private sale? If it was from a dealer take it back.
If not have you asked Kwik-Fit for an estimate?

--- End quote ---

It was a private sale, we saw it when we went for a walk a few weeks ago, they were only the second owner, but never used the aircon (which I know is a bad thing for the life of the air con system!)

Quiggs:
Have you tried the breakers yards? Arch Motors, Maesdu Rd. By John Brights School. or The Brickworks Breakers in Llan. Junction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version