Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 208346 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #495 on: December 12, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »
Two of the few xmas illuminations that the town council put up have been out for a week now,one outside the town hall and the only one they put up in Mostyn st outside Holy Trinity,u will not have noticed it because it is white and in between lots of white lights iiin the church trees,anyway their out lets see how much longer they stay OUT.

Offline Tosh

« Reply #496 on: December 12, 2013, 06:58:33 pm »
In 2005 we put up about  200 coloured bulbs outside the Chatsworth House, there were equal amounts of blue, white, red etc.
When we switched on none of the pesky blue ones worked and we had to take them all down again to replace them.

$angry$ $angry$ $angry$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #497 on: December 13, 2013, 09:21:41 am »
Two of the few xmas illuminations that the town council put up have been out for a week now,one outside the town hall and the only one they put up in Mostyn st outside Holy Trinity,u will not have noticed it because it is white and in between lots of white lights iiin the church trees,anyway their out lets see how much longer they stay OUT.

There is a place going for a co-opted Member to sit on the Decorative Lighting Committee. Why don't you grab the chance and air your grievances in the centre of power?     ;D
I am sure you will be welcomed with open arms. ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #498 on: December 13, 2013, 04:24:11 pm »
I was invited last year Yorkie,if i did no good while i was on the council and after putting my views to every cll by letter and still no good,the thought of them trying to shut me up by joining them,no thanks,anyway 4 in the afternoon is no time to have a meeting.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2013, 06:44:32 pm »
Looks like CCBC ARE STOPPING THE TOWN COUNCIL FROM PUTTING LIGHTS IN Mostyn st.All the lights that have been put up in Madoc st are paid for by the local buisnesses,but they where stopped from putting them on the victorian lamposts by CCBC officer for conservation,apparently the xmas light motiffs might damage the lamposts,time our county clls stood up and supported the town council for once.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #500 on: December 30, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »
Are those the same victorian lamp posts that have been abandoned by the Council for the last 30 years?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #501 on: December 30, 2013, 11:31:19 pm »
They did paint them blue,but too put a xmas motiff on them may damage them,this is according too Cll Bertola, so it might need clarification.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #502 on: December 31, 2013, 08:49:09 am »
They did paint them blue,but too put a xmas motiff on them may damage them,this is according too Cll Bertola, so it might need clarification.

You would get more sense out of a lamp post!    _))*
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #503 on: December 31, 2013, 04:46:06 pm »
Great news,Cll Bertola can get every lampost sponsored from the Links Hotel too the Tudno Castle hotel,if CCBC won;t allow lights for xmas in Mostyn st then lets make the approach magnificent,he has at least 35 buisnesses on Parc Llandudno ,Asda and Mostyn Champneys to try,lets not be defeated by CCBC and the tight ass landlords of Parc Llandudno and Mostyn Champneys,im sure Debenhams would love to sponsor 1 or 2 of the lanmposts on Conwy Road,sorted.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #504 on: January 04, 2014, 12:48:03 pm »
No support ,no point.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #505 on: January 04, 2014, 01:35:02 pm »
No support ,no point.

How dramatically things change in just 80 short hours!  We haven't even got to twelfth night yet!

Don't give up hope yet, Wrex.  There are plenty of folk out there in the Town who will lend their support.   Maybe a petition started now, whilst the memory of the Xmas 2013 lights are still in their memory, will generate sufficient support to make the effort worthwhile.  With a decent number of signatories both Councils will have to take notice.
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #506 on: January 04, 2014, 05:13:08 pm »
No support ,no point.

Hey Wrex, I think we all support the cause, but I for one don't really know what we can do about it.

You see I know that cash is short, and some basic council services are under pressure at the moment.
I would like to see much more effort on the Xmas lights and Xmas celebrations, and I would also like to see the recycling and street cleaning improved.
Am I confusing the responsibilities of the Town Council and the County council?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #507 on: August 24, 2014, 06:14:35 pm »
Iwatched a programme the other night about a little village in Cornwall that lights up it beach and small harbour every xmas and attracts thousands,with a little imagination we too could pull this off,but there lies the problem.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #508 on: August 24, 2014, 06:28:43 pm »
Iwatched a programme the other night about a little village in Cornwall that lights up it beach and small harbour every xmas and attracts thousands,with a little imagination we too could pull this off,but there lies the problem.

You said it     " a little imagination"    Ref. CCBC     $angry$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #509 on: August 24, 2014, 08:47:58 pm »
Don;t be suprised if CCBC don;t spend thousands on Colwyns lights