Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 206506 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2011, 02:29:31 pm »
J Boyle has been chair of the Xmas Lighting for as long as I can remember and he has NEVER seemed to do anything constructive.  He made a complete balls up of the Alice theme lights some years ago but still keeps his position.   More interested in running his business and being called Councillor than doing anything for us.     $uk

FFS why don't we all descend on the next Full Council Meeting and cause a bit of publicity for the NWWN to use.  It could be the paper's most interesting story for ages.

Is John still in business?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Yorkie

« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2011, 04:42:33 pm »
His name is still seen adorning vehicles, but maybe now only active just in name only.     )*)&

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2011, 08:50:51 pm »
He isn't in business.  That  - oddly - is another Boyle and his son also has a business.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #228 on: February 25, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »
Andy Boyle is a very good electrician.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2011, 05:02:42 pm »
Andy Boyle is a very good electrician.

He is very good.

Took over his Father's business. John Boyle must be nearing 80 years of age.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2011, 05:18:41 pm »
 8) Only had one response from my letter'having sent out 30 letters to 30 councillors ,up to now i have had one response and that was a text saying ouch.They have only had the letter since Friday so we will give them a little more time to digest the letter and see if any of our 30 councillors can put pen to paper and at least tell me why they think the lights are so poor. :-[

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2011, 06:14:55 pm »
Good work, Wrex, keep up the pressure.  $good$

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2011, 06:22:02 pm »
He isn't in business.  That  - oddly - is another Boyle and his son also has a business.

Thought as much, seeing as I know him quite well !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2011, 08:23:03 am »
 ??? I have also sent the story to the north wales weekly,so it will be interesting to see if they think it worth a mention or NOT. D)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2011, 05:31:44 pm »
 :o After one week and three responses to my letter [each cll recieved one] the over feeling is the lights they provide are sufficient,so their mentality is so there,or is my mentality is wrong,anyway i think i need some suport from forum members or i will fail badly on this one.If you agree with my thoughts i would appreciate it if you could drop a line to the Chairman B Bertola decorative lighting committee at the town hall and air your views ,thanks.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2011, 07:35:38 pm »
Wrex, I admire your tenacity but could you please explain what you would like to see and how you think it should be funded?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2011, 09:47:40 pm »
 :roll: Cheers Paddy,start with talking to Parc Llandudno ,Mostyn champneys and Asda,trying to involve them in the xmas illuminations as all three put up no exterior lights not one[no cost to council to ask].A welcome at the Links  to xmas in Llandudno seen by all shoppers ,tourists and pantomine goers,a few lights then along Conwy rd towards Bog Island and then a bigger tree on the island ,what a statement.THAT WILL DO FOR STARTERS AND BUILD FROM THERE. ZXZ

Yorkie

« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2011, 08:23:27 am »
And put the new (in May) Mayor on top as a Giant Fairy!     L0L

Offline Trojan

« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2011, 05:19:21 am »
And put the new (in May) Mayor on top as a Giant Fairy!     L0L

L0L

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2011, 01:34:52 pm »
  8) I have now recieved six replys from councillors,and the chairman has replied,CLL Bertola.His answer to my request that the decorative lighting committee get around the table with the management of Parc Llandudno,Mostyn Champneys and Asda was this,Money is tightin all quartersof life,buti would ask in your interest and as a member of the public to bringyour concerns regarding Mostyn Champneys and Parc Llandudno directly to their attention.I wish you every success and would like to know your outcome.Bloody cheek,what that tells me is as chairman of xmas ljghts we cannot be bothered but you can .This committee has no ninterest in improving Llandudno whatsoever.Another point he tells me is we had a walk around and decided to put more in Madoc st this year.Surely you get the Main st sorted first then work your way from there,its frightning that these people are left in charge,but we put them there. )*)& :rage: