Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 210064 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #465 on: November 25, 2012, 07:40:52 pm »
They are just trying to keep Wrex happy!  :laugh:  VV
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #466 on: November 25, 2012, 08:15:25 pm »
Why put them on in normal working hours when CCBC charge the town council double time,it seems CCBC have put up all Llandudno;s lights this year( all 6 lights on the lamposts) so they (the town council) must have got rid of the firm that put up the lights on the Carlton roundabout and on the town hall ,saving themselves a few quid in the process,im sure they are chuffed with the savings to the taxpayers of Llandudno,as for those of us who would like to see improvements and pride in Llandudno,tougth,go live somewhere else we are the elected and we will tell you if the people of this town deserve lights or not.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #467 on: November 25, 2012, 08:33:06 pm »
That firm used to rent the xmas decorations to the Town Council, they weren't cheap either!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #468 on: November 26, 2012, 07:25:05 am »
Sorry i have got it wrong,it is still a private firm putting up the lights and they have not finished putting them up,so we have to wait for the big switch on next month.With less than a month to go to xmas most people have done their xmas shopping,so is it to late or are people happy that Llandudno is the last shopping center in Britain too switch on?. :rage:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #469 on: November 27, 2012, 06:40:16 pm »
Will somebody tell me what they think of the xmas tree outside the Esplanade hotel,is it me or do they really think its the bees nees,i do wonder who is running that place.Has the owner never been into Homebase and seen what you can buy for exterior trees.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #470 on: November 27, 2012, 06:57:33 pm »
Xmas tree outside Clarence is lit up, as is Carlton roundabout and the blue icicle lights on Bog Island toilets. Bog island Xmas tree wasn't on though.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #471 on: November 28, 2012, 07:27:16 am »
It baffles me ,why did the Esplanade bother buying a xmas tree then put two small strings of lights on it,one coloured and one white

Offline Paulakelsall

« Reply #472 on: November 28, 2012, 09:09:56 pm »
Maybe we should have campaigned for the Coca-cola Christmas Truck to visit Llandudno (or would the Council object???)

http://blog.cokezone.co.uk/christmas/truck-tour/

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #473 on: November 28, 2012, 11:13:25 pm »
That truck rolled into the car park of Morrisons Supermarket in Bradford one year when I was there.

I was taken aback, it is an awesome sight.  What a great job to drive that thing!  VV <:<:<:< ^^^^
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #474 on: November 28, 2012, 11:48:54 pm »
your right fester it is an awesome sight, i was lucky enough to see it in Liverpool last Xmas, they were giving out free samples of cola

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #475 on: November 29, 2012, 12:06:10 pm »
Frreebies,now that is music to the councillors ears,they LOVE freebies,i never thought of useing frreebies as a incentive to get the council to put some decent lights up,i have 10 months to work on it.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #476 on: November 29, 2012, 01:27:05 pm »
What are you going to offer as freebies Wrex?
I see that the kids are getting sweeties on Saturday from the daffodil folk !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #477 on: November 29, 2012, 04:30:23 pm »
With the success of the Daffodil people maybe we can get them to help with xmas lights,not qute the same bulbs but how can we all go mad over this but just IGNORE Christmas,

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #478 on: November 29, 2012, 11:49:43 pm »
Gloddaeth St looked very festive tonight, the lights strung along the street were plentiful. and the tree outside the Clarence was beautifully lit.

However, other than that little area, one has to agree with Wrex, Llandudno's Xmas lights are in general very poor indeed.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #479 on: November 30, 2012, 08:36:56 am »
With the success of the Daffodil people maybe we can get them to help with xmas lights,not qute the same bulbs but how can we all go mad over this but just IGNORE Christmas,

Is this a new version of " A dog is for life, not just for Christmas"--- Think about it.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.