Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 210080 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #420 on: October 30, 2012, 01:01:10 pm »
Knowing Fester, I imagine its a religion that involves lots of eating and drinking...  $lol$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #421 on: October 30, 2012, 06:09:01 pm »
I am of course referring to the Christian religion.... in any of its guises.

(Yes, lots of eating and drinking is very compatible with that I think!)  Z** VV $dins$

A warm and fuzzy memory of Christmas?  Yes I have... and I still enjoy it immensely.

What is wrong with the next generation of kids growing up believing in Jesus, Santa Claus or even the Tooth Fairy?

There is a big scary world out there, lets keep it at bay as long as we can, thats what I say!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #422 on: October 30, 2012, 06:20:40 pm »
What is wrong with the next generation of kids growing up believing in Jesus, Santa Claus or even the Tooth Fairy?

Interesting... So you feel that those three are all in the same category? Superstitions, with no basis in fact?  WWW WWW WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #423 on: October 30, 2012, 06:49:58 pm »
This has gone a bit beyond me,all i want is the council to support our traders by putting some lights up and putting them ons the opposition.As for scary thinge go dowwn to the town hall there are a very scarey bunch down there.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #424 on: October 30, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »
Technically we shouldn’t have a Christian celebration on the 25th of December this year because on the 21st December we experience the Precession of the Equinoxes.  .This happens once every 2147 years.  In the past with possible exception of the start of Islam, has usually heralded a fundamental change in peoples religious beliefs, ending up with a new mass religion being created out of the remnants of the old beliefs, with Christianity being no exception. Then the fun starts, all the good intentions of the early converts to the new religion are swept away when the State decides to adopt, take over and control the new religion, for its own ends.  Believe in what you will, that’s your free choice, but please be under no illusion of where your religion comes from and where the men who control it are trying to take you.
P.S. I hope they adopt the tradition of putting up colourful lights to brighten up the celebration of the Mid-Winter Festival. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:14:19 am by Ian »
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #425 on: October 31, 2012, 12:24:04 am »
 *&(  BlongB .... very  *&(  indeed!

I shall make it a point to start my own religion on that very day.  Assuming I can be bothered to get out of bed that is.
I am usually hibernating at that point.

Now, what graven image can I call upon you all to worship? ...... let me see....   ?{}?
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: October 31, 2012, 08:33:04 am »
Reading Blongb's post (I've corrected your link to make it work, Blongb) was amusing, and reminded me that we're due a whole host of world-threatening, life-changing eschatologically-inspired events this December... Depending on whom you choose to believe, there's Timewave zero, an interaction between Earth and the black hole at the center of the galaxy[, or Earth's collision with an object such as an asteroid, or a planet called "Nibiru".  December 2012 is also regarded as the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae have been proposed as pertaining to this date, though none have been accepted by mainstream scholarship. All in all, a great time to start your own religion, Fester.  Perhaps 'Festeranity' or 'Seventh Day Festerings', 'Fester's Witnesses', with their friendly magazine, the WatchFest, or even Festerism.  Whatever, don't forget to issue Festive proclamations about street decorations at Festermas...

I* VV %0% VV I*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #427 on: October 31, 2012, 09:48:28 am »
Festermas  _))* very good!  We keep Xmas very cheap, same trees and decorations up every year, same lights, we put the same cards to each other up, send very few cards and just buy a few simple presents for each other. I've never understood the need to spend a fortune at Xmas and then spend months paying for it, keep it simple and stress free!  ££$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #428 on: October 31, 2012, 11:54:17 am »
I agree Merddyn.  Humbug everyone shouts.  Incidentally we all know the origin of Christ's Mass and of course the stories of the nativity come from the gospels.  It's just that those b***** teddy bears in the Victoria Centyre always bring me out in hives.  As to other religions they celebate Eid; Dirwali and Hanhukah in the autumn/winter months so why is a Christian festival so awful? 
 By the way I'm an atheist it's just those bears.  $angry$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #429 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:25 pm »
the stories of the nativity come from the gospels.

If you want to be accurate, however, it only comes from one.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #430 on: October 31, 2012, 12:11:03 pm »
Hmm, it would seem that December 2012 would be a very bad time to start my own religion, seeing as there seems to be a lot of evidence that the world is coming to an end so soon.

It would also seem that a Teddy Bear would not be a good icon for me to adopt as the symbol of my faith.
If I did, I would immediately lose Llechwedd as a follower.  I can't risk such heresy!
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #431 on: October 31, 2012, 12:20:56 pm »
It's a wonder no one has yet blamed the Freemasons!  _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #432 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:01 pm »
Hmm, it would seem that December 2012 would be a very bad time to start my own religion, seeing as there seems to be a lot of evidence that the world is coming to an end so soon.

Well Fester you can always start it in January after the end of the world.   Y^^Y
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #433 on: October 31, 2012, 03:24:59 pm »
I can't risk such heresy!

I think you mean 'betrayal'.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #434 on: October 31, 2012, 04:19:03 pm »
Nope, I'm afraid I mean heresy.

In my new religion, anyone who doesn't agree with me will be deemed a heretic.

Got to start as I mean to go on.  :laugh:
Fester...