The Local > Local News & Discussion

Llandudno railway station

(1/150) > >>

Llechwedd:
Llandudno railway station. I went in an attempt to get a cheap advance return ticket to London.  That'll be £49 odd the man said.  I gave him £50.  He looked horrified and said pay by credit card.  I said I don't have one (been there done that).    He replied I've just cashed up can't take cash.  I looked at my watch - it was ten to three.  I close at 3 he said.  Why I said, being thick.  He replied that they always close at three.  They don't open until nine so it's a very short day.

How to run a business in one easy lesson and no I didn't get my advance ticket.  Think I'll go to the Junction maybe they will be a little more business like.   $angry$

Bri Roberts:
Your post is very interesting, Llechwedd, because I called at Llandudno Railway Station earlier this week just after 3pm and found it shut.

I did not know it closed at 3pm even though I looked for a sign displaying its opening hours and I could not find one.

As for poor service, I have also experienced that at Llandudno over wrong fares being charged for tickets purchased by one of my daughters so I took my complaint (and my daughter) over to Llandudno Junction where I was asked to submit my complaint in writing by a Senior Manager.

I did as I was asked.

I returned and, to be fair, I was very pleased with the outcome.

Since that bad experience, I always pre-purchase tickets online and with a credit card (and so now do both my daughters) because, surprisingly, credit cards do not attract a surcharge with Virgin Trains which is unusual.

You can then choose to collect your tickets at the station by inserting your credit/debit card.

If the booking office at Llandudno Railway Station is offering poor customer service combined with unfriendly opening hours then its future looks bleak despite all the financial investment for the railway station coming its way in 2012.

Nemesis:
Some while ago I made a complaint to Llandudno Station about the state of the ladies toilets. Despite much haranguing and harassing I never got a satisfactory reply. Now I do know that the state of toilets is usually down to the people who use them, but surely they should be checked and cleaned at certain intervals???

wrex:
Is everybody on holiday or just not interested anymore, anyway have we got a start date date for our super new Railway station ££$

wrex:
 :( Who exactly runs Llandudno railway station, i should imagine it is run from the Junction so they have no real interest as we are just a branch line and its in the Junctions best interest to sell more tickets there .Parts of Llandudno are more likely to use the Bay to travel[ penrhyn bay etc]as its more convient so Llandudno station has no chance of ever being used by all its residents. $walesflag$

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version