Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 346920 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Gardening.......... Can my neighbour paint my fence?
« Reply #1305 on: May 08, 2024, 10:11:58 am »
Can my neighbour paint my fence? The important rules to know

Fences and neighbours can be a tricky subject.

From who's responsible for what side to leaning items against fences and who can do what with the fence.

Several popular misconceptions have created confusion around this area of property law for years, making it even more contentious.

Especially when it comes to painting and fences, while the owner of the fence can paint the fence as they please, there is still the question of whether a neighbour can paint their side of the same fence.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/24305158.can-neighbour-paint-fence-important-rules-know/

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Gardening
« Reply #1306 on: May 08, 2024, 04:42:37 pm »
If you think that the Llandudno Goats are garden wreckers then Teddy must come a close second.    He sometimes lies under the  small umbrella type Acer and munches the lower branches when I'm not looking
I don't know the variety of the pink Rhododendron but that's also coming in to flower

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Gardening
« Reply #1307 on: May 14, 2024, 09:45:20 am »
Japanese knotweed: How to spot new hybrids growing in your garden
Japanese knotweed hybrids look slightly different to the original species, says expert Jennifer Holmes

Japanese knotweed is an invasive plant that grows rapidly at this time of year. While it can look quite attractive, with bamboo-like stems and heart-shaped leaves, the plant spreads rapidly and may cause damage to brickwork and drains.

It can knock thousands off the value of your property as it is both difficult and expensive to get rid of. In this country, Japanese knotweed cannot set seed or propagate via seed but it can sprout from even the smallest amount of rhizome left in the ground.

cont https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/japanese-knotweed-how-to-spot-new-hybrids-growing-in-your-garden/