Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Railways...........Steam buffs
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 09:46:41 am »
Steam buffs launch fresh bid for multi-million-pound railway project in Eryri
A new station and track extension are planned in the hope of boosting local tourism

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/steam-buffs-launch-fresh-bid-29008149
Three Towns Policing Issues / Re: North Wales Community Alert
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 09:38:00 am »
New data released today by Action Fraud reveals ?6.7 million was lost to ticket fraud last year. https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ticketfraud

Action Fraud, the national fraud and cybercrime reporting service, has launched a ticket fraud awareness campaign, warning people to be alert to fraudsters trying to catch out people planning for popular and sold-out events. Last year more than 8,700 people reported they had been a victim ticket fraud, with a total of ?6.7 million lost. This works out to an average loss of ?772 per victim.

How to protect yourself from ticket fraud:
Only buy tickets from the venue?s box office, the promoter, an official agent or a well-known and reputable ticket exchange site.
Avoid paying for tickets by bank transfer, especially if buying from someone unknown. Credit card or payment services such as PayPal give you a better chance of recovering the money if you become a victim of fraud.

The password you use for your email account, as well as any other accounts you use to purchase tickets, should be different from all your other passwords. Use three random words to create a strong and memorable password, and enable 2-step verification (2SV).

Be wary of unsolicited emails, texts or adverts offering unbelievably good deals on tickets.
Is the vendor a member of Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR)? If they are, the company has signed up to their strict governing standards. STAR also offers an approved Alternative Dispute Resolution service to help customers with outstanding complaints. For more information visit star.org.uk/buy_safe.

Report ticket fraud
If you feel at all suspicious, report the email to the Suspicious Email Reporting Service (SERS) at report@phishing.gov.uk. For more advice on how to stay secure online, please visit cyberaware.gov.uk.

Find out how to protect yourself from fraud: https://stopthinkfraud.campaign.gov.uk

If you live in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and have been a victim of fraud or cybercrime, report it at www.actionfraud.police.uk or by calling 0300 123 2040. In Scotland, victims of fraud and cybercrime should report to Police Scotland on 101.

Message Sent By
Action Fraud
(Action Fraud, Administrator, National)
Local News & Discussion / Re: CCBC costs and cutting
« Last post by Hugo on April 16, 2024, 11:11:22 pm »
You are quite right Cambrian about the Llandudno UDC but now the CCBC Councillors seem to work in cliques but why don't the Llandudno Councillors speak up and look after the town's interests.
Prevention is better than damage or injury to a person or property.     I'll give one very tragic incident as an example and that was on the road from Abergele to Rhuddlan some years ago.   Cyclists from Rhyl set out for a ride one Winter's day and the road was not gritted and a car skidded on the ice and killed four of the cyclists.    No one ever wants a repeat of that tragic day

I've just attached an old link of the Llandudno floods to show the section of road that is dangerous if ungritted in Winter.   Water finds its natural way and in this case it's down Old Road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlIJ3vmlcP4

« Last post by Cambrian on April 16, 2024, 07:34:47 pm »
Hugo, if we still had Llandudno UDC, it would be done.  You can see the arguments - because we can't do all the rural lanes (don't many folk have tractors ?) we won't do Llandudno!!  I seem to remember one of the criteria for gritting was whether or not the road was served by a bus route.  That seems to have been quietly dropped - the route of the 26 (same bus) in residential areas is not gritted.
Local News & Discussion / Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Last post by Hugo on April 16, 2024, 02:59:46 pm »
Llandudno paddling pool work delayed by Storm Pierrick fall-out
The attraction failed to open at all in 2023
I'm absolutely shocked at the news as the Pool was looking the best it has been in a couple of years!        ;)

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-paddling-pool-work-delayed-28999084
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Railways
« Last post by mull on April 16, 2024, 10:24:20 am »
Hi Cambrian----That is too  sensible .
« Last post by Hugo on April 16, 2024, 10:18:27 am »
That could be a grave mistake if the CCBC does not grit the Great Orme and it's on a bus route too.    In the photo I've attached the single storey property on the right has been hit by cars a number of times during Winter conditions.    The last time it was hit by a car there was a big crack down the front of the building and the tenant had to be evacuated as the building was deemed unsafe.
At that point in Ty Gwyn Road the slope in the road means that in icy conditions the vehicles would slide in that direction towards that building and to Old Road.   Bollards have since been placed in front of that property to stop any cars crashing in to it in the future
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Local Wildlife
« Last post by SteveH on April 16, 2024, 10:07:44 am »
We had visitors in the garden last night.    The Badgers had got in my back garden and climbed up a tree to get at a Peanut holder I have got for the birds.  They scrunched the top so much so that I'll probably need to buy another new one.
Because they failed to get the peanuts they have taken it out on my lawn and it now looks like an area of the Klondyke!
The photos were taken a while ago when the Badgers used to come here every night and not do any damage

Hugo great photos....................

We had visitors too last, but a lot smaller, a pair of hedgehogs playing   in the garden, we suspect to see more in the future.
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: Points to Ponder
« Last post by SteveH on April 16, 2024, 10:04:03 am »
Unemployment jumps as UK jobs market stalls

The UK jobs market is showing signs of stalling as the number of people out of work rose, according to new figures.

The unemployment rate increased to 4.2% between December and February, which is the highest level for six months.

Meanwhile, the rate of people with a job dipped and the economically inactive - those not in work or looking for employment - ticked higher.

Economists suggested the data could spur the Bank of England to cut interests rates in the summer.

cont https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68820103 +}}{--
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: National Health Service
« Last post by SteveH on April 16, 2024, 09:57:03 am »
Interesting article from... Health Board Chair Dyfed Edwards on recognising when social factors might impact on a person?s health

'Support for improving our health and well-being is wider than the NHS and often lies in our communities'

One of the significant developments that has interested me, since I became the Health Board?s Chair, has been the breadth and scale of preventative work we conduct within communities across the region.

read more  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/health/health-board-chair-dyfed-edwards-28994218?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10