Author Topic: Who is the most famous person spotted in Llandudno or Colwyn Bay?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
After reading the story below, I recall various mentions of meetings and sightings on the Forum of celebrities seen in the area, I wondered if we can find some others.............

Who is the most famous person spotted in Llandudno or Colwyn Bay?                             ref pioneer

During the heyday of British wrestling, stars like Big Daddy and Les Kellett entertained grapple fans in Llandudno's Winter Gardens.

In more recent times, Welsh comedian Rhod Gilbert tried his hand at zookeeping at the Welsh Mountain Zoo for his Work Experience series.

Python Terry Jones and Bond actor Timothy Dalton hail from Colwyn Bay, drag queen The Vivienne was a pupil at Rydal Penrhos, while Llandudno is the hometown of Wales and Everton football legend Neville Southall.

Pete Thefish said he's seen Lionel Richie, confirming that he did say "Hello" and stayed "All Night Long".

Laura Matthews remembered seeing the Queen at Marine roundabout.

Kazz Brown remembers seeing Paul Daniels, while Alan Jones saw Jim Davidson.

More recently, Georgina Williams remembers seeing comedian and Doctor Who companion John Bishop.

Meanwhile, Shaun Benton remembers seen former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson at Llandudno's Venue Cymru.

Finally, Karen Sparrow remembers seeing Freddie and the Dreamers and Welsh comedy great Stan Stennet.

I remember spotting Jimmy Edwards walking through the Bay in the late 50s and Gene Vincent when he played in Rhos, anybody else ?