Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2674739 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3195 on: November 20, 2012, 08:10:23 am »
i wonder where they put these 150 coaches.

Maybe in the Grand's mysterious garage?

$lol$ $lol$ $lol$
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3196 on: November 20, 2012, 09:21:30 am »
Sorry Yorkie but there is noway we get those figures and certainly never on a Saturday,Mon,Tues,Wed and Thursdays are busy especially in may,June and July.Call me sad but i have always liked coaches so i notice them whenever i pass so i wonder where they put these 150 coaches.

Please Wrex read my words - the 150 was mentioned as applying to such as Bank Holidays, not every day!   Count the spaces in the Builder Street coach park, add on the others who park on the prom, Queens Road, by Queen Elizabeth Court, in some Hotel parking areas such as the Hydro, and those who park out of town as they don't want to pay the charge for Builder Street, and you finish up with some BIG numbers.  I had a spread sheet full of statistics which are maintained by the department and would substantiate all I say. 

However, if figures have sunk so low, it is yet another indictment on the poor management of our tourist industry by the powers that be.   On that I am sure we can agree!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3197 on: November 20, 2012, 11:59:38 am »
Sorry Yorkie i have only been talking about day trip coaches,im quite aware there are still coaches parking in the layby outside Queen Elizabeth court,but CCBC are not interested in how much money they are letting escape then.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3198 on: November 20, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »
Sorry Yorkie i have only been talking about day trip coaches,im quite aware there are still coaches parking in the layby outside Queen Elizabeth court,but CCBC are not interested in how much money they are letting escape then.

I believe the brief to the Parking Warden (or whatever they are now called) is to leave the coaches alone as that would have an adverse affect on tourism!   Seems that there are double standards somewhere along the line!    Possibly because cars are easier to squeeze money out of.     ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3199 on: November 21, 2012, 10:39:51 am »
            When I woke this morning about 6.30 a.m. I could hear a deep rhythmic thumping noise sounding like a pile-driving machine was being operated many miles away. (I should add here that I had not been out last night or even had a drink at all!)  I opened the window and could still just about hear it though not so clearly with the sounds of the usual early morning noise of the traffic, trains etc.  I have checked with the neighbours and they said that they have also heard it on quiet comparitively windless early mornings like today on a few occasions. As no responsible building sites would be driving in piles at that hour of the day, could it be the noise of the windfarm construction out on the  Gwynt-y-Mor site? I have heard this before in the quiet early summer mornings I but forgot to ask if anyone else had also heard it.  Has anyone else heard it or could shed any light on the cause?
  I live in the Conway Road/Links area of Llandudno.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3200 on: November 21, 2012, 11:14:52 am »
It's possible it's someone's car stereo system; some young drivers occasionally have the bass turned up extremely high and they also carry enormous bass boosters in the boot.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3201 on: November 21, 2012, 11:23:13 am »
 In all probability it is from the wind farm work that is going on at present.   Sound can travel vey far through rock.     ZXZ

Anyone got a seismograph?  ££$
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3202 on: November 21, 2012, 11:28:00 am »
Bass frequencies are very energetic, and often it's hard to know which direction they're coming from. And, as you say, they can travel a long way through rock.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3203 on: November 21, 2012, 11:39:33 am »
            Thanks for the replies. It definitely was'nt a stereo system Ian, as the pauses between the "thumps" were too long and it went on for about an hour  so I reckon it must have been the windfarm site. Coincidentally, there is an exhibition in the the Venue Cymru next Monday between 1100-1700 about the proposed plans for the new, bigger windfarm proposed for the area between Ynys Mon and the Isle of Man, so I might ask them about the noise if I go. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3204 on: November 22, 2012, 09:06:56 am »
The Grand Ash Hotel in Gloddaeth St will not now be closing at the end of the year but remaining open for another year, at least.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3205 on: November 22, 2012, 01:11:17 pm »
Just been to drop off my OH in town.  The roundabout by the Carlton is quite deep in water, worst at the side by the old Merrimoon shop.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3206 on: November 22, 2012, 01:50:56 pm »
There is a large variety of recycling items  (boxes, cans bottles and paper etc and recycling bags) floating on the rain run off and being blown down the roads on the Orme towards town. Black Gate is fairly well littered so I would imagine the further down you go the worse its going to be

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3207 on: November 22, 2012, 02:01:14 pm »
Just been to drop off my OH in town.  The roundabout by the Carlton is quite deep in water, worst at the side by the old Merrimoon shop.
A problem thats been around for ages, yet never seems to get tackled.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3208 on: November 22, 2012, 02:17:18 pm »
There is a large variety of recycling items  (boxes, cans bottles and paper etc and recycling bags) floating on the rain run off and being blown down the roads on the Orme towards town. Black Gate is fairly well littered so I would imagine the further down you go the worse its going to be

I have been out of the house today, only to try and pick up loads of plastic bottles / pizza boxes etc, which are strewn all over the road from my neighbours recycling containers.
Its terrible, and its being added to from all angles!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3209 on: November 22, 2012, 02:34:00 pm »
Only managed to rescue the car from being damaged by the fact that I went out to grab the empty dustbin. It had blown to within an inch of the driver's door.
Spent the afternoon so far baking-- can hardly garden ! :o ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.