Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 587371 times)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #435 on: September 21, 2012, 08:59:08 pm »
Sorry it's bit late in the day but I've only just back from round there.

Dee Bridge just beyond Queensferry on the A494 Northbound coming off the A55 heading towards the M56 will be closed from 8pm tonight until 6am tomorrow morning

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #436 on: September 24, 2012, 09:06:16 am »
The Friends of Happy Valley working party planned for today has been cancelled due to the rather inclement weather. 

A new date will be arranged and I'll post it on the Friends of Happy Valley thread.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: September 25, 2012, 01:46:58 pm »
Be aware that pretty much all of the North Wales train network will likely be shutting down at 6pm today due to the flooding problems:

The following routes are highly likely to close by 1800 hrs. DO NOT TRAVEL unless absolutely necessary. Road transport severely limited.
Chester-Crewe, Llandudno-Manchester, Shrewsbury-Birmingham/Manchester/Holyhead, Wrexham-Bidston, Cambrian Line, Conwy Valley.

https://twitter.com/ArrivaTW
http://www.journeycheck.com/arrivatrainswales

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #438 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:34 am »
Was there any news on the railway station yesterday,they said October.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #439 on: October 08, 2012, 08:22:29 pm »
Everdentially not. The station is still there and looks in the same state it was in years ago Mike

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Celtic Fayre
« Reply #440 on: October 11, 2012, 11:58:57 am »
Im glad we have got rid of Mr Rose ,the man is only after money,money,money,yes we all like it but when you have greed he;s better off in the Bay,its his fault the town council ruined the xmas parade by taking it off Mr Rose because he asked the council for 6 grand towards running it,so they said they could do a better job,so we are left with our 2 hour shambles.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #441 on: October 11, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »
Wrex, that sounds like interesting news, tell us more....
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #442 on: October 11, 2012, 06:41:27 pm »
Fester,it n years ago when Mr Rose came to the council chamber asking for 6,000 pounds to keep the xmas parade going,Cll G Davies said we could do a better job ourselves for half that cost,so we lost the the event that had been an allday festival,that was held in november and on a sunday,the event was much busier than it is now and of course bought a lot of people into town on the Sunday,now we are left with the two hour effort of the town council on a Saturday that is busy anyway,they are clueless.Cll J Finch was a big supporter of this but never ever came along to help,one year all the Clls went upstairs and left me and Maxplant hire too clear all the barriers,joke.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #443 on: October 11, 2012, 07:55:56 pm »
All the Council know is to buy in entertainment at what is generally an exorbitant cost.  What is needed is input from the traders of the town with floats and such things as we had long ago.   I have always said is that The Lions or Round Table could do a better job with the help and support of other organisations in the town.

Will the Council listen?   We all NO the answer to that!

Wrex is right.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #444 on: October 11, 2012, 09:25:13 pm »
I seem to recall that until the 1980s the Christmas Parade was run (and presumably paid for) by the Chamber of Trade - now defunct I assume. I don't recall an all day event in November.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #445 on: October 12, 2012, 07:15:52 am »
Yorkie, sadly the Llandudno Round Table is also defunct.  :(

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2012, 07:24:04 am »
Before the town council took the parade back it was run by Mr Rose in conjuntion with the Llandudno regeneration group.This years event will leave from inside the waste land next to the station due to the main station apparently being rebuilt,the owner of the cafe on the coach park offered to put a BQ if it left from the coach park,the committee declined.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #447 on: October 12, 2012, 07:40:52 am »
For a period in the early '90s it was run by the Llandudno Heritage Trust.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2012, 09:57:41 am »
Sounds to me like too many people have had a hand in it!   Maybe it's time for the Three Towns Forum to take over!   :D

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline cygnusx-1

Guy Martin
« Reply #449 on: October 29, 2012, 07:10:34 pm »