Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Goats killed after herd of Llandudno's famous four legged beasts hit by vehicle on A470
Police were called after the animals were struck on the outskirts of the town

A number of goats have died after a small herd of the animals was hit on the A470. Llandudno's goats have become world famous after taking over the seaside town during the pandemic lockdowns.

They still roam the streets of the town and have become four legged celebrities for their cheeky antics. But sadly a number of the hoofed animals were struck by a vehicle on the outskirts of the town over the weekend.

The incident happened on the A470 at Wormhout Way on Sunday evening. Police and council highways teams were called to the scene.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/goats-killed-after-herd-llandudnos-28965110?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589
Local News & Discussion / Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Last post by SteveH on April 10, 2024, 10:07:57 am »
Tuk-tuk sightseeing tours could soon operate from Llandudno

Visitors to Llandudno, Conwy and Rhos-on-Sea could soon enjoy tuk-tuk tours. The council?s licensing committee will meet on Monday, April 15 at Conwy?s Bodlondeb HQ to discuss the proposals.

A tuk-tuk is a three-wheeled motor-assisted bicycle with passenger seats at the rear. Popular in countries such as Thailand, tuk-tuks are used as a cheap, accessible form of taxi service.

The committee will meet, debate, and draft conditions for tuk-tuks operating as private hire vehicles for short sightseeing tours in the county. An unnamed applicant is proposing to run pre-booked tours at Marine Drive, Great Orme, Llandudno; from Llandudno to the Great Orme Summit; from Llandudno to Craig y Don and Rhos on Sea; from Llandudno to Conwy quay; and from Llandudno North
Shore to West Shore.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/tuk-tuk-sightseeing-tours-could-28959205?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589
Help Centre / Re: Llandudno Donkeys
« Last post by SteveH on April 10, 2024, 09:57:49 am »
I have found Llandudno Tourist centre, to be helpful in the past, good luck........

https://www.visitconwy.org.uk/information/product-catch-all/tourist-information-centre-llandudno-p321161
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: The Great British Weather Debate
« Last post by SteveH on April 10, 2024, 09:48:27 am »
Well the great British weather appears to have done something that is beyond the powers of CCBC and filled the paddling pool at Craig y Don!

Apparently it also flooded the cafe, and caused damage to contractors machinery up and down the prom, and reports from hotels with basements flooded, the argument for sand on the beach, is put into perspective compared to Llandudno flooding, I would prefer safe barriers, then sort out the sand, has anyone been to Rhos, is the sand still there?

Tractors seen scraping the debris from the prom yesterday..........
« Last post by Hugo on April 09, 2024, 06:08:29 pm »
Nice one Hammy, I liked that         ;D
« Last post by Hammy on April 09, 2024, 04:56:33 pm »
Well the great British weather appears to have done something that is beyond the powers of CCBC and filled the paddling pool at Craig y Don!
« Last post by Hugo on April 09, 2024, 03:36:24 pm »
I drove down Llandudno sea front today at about 10.00 am and the waves were crashing down on the beach.    It was very bad by the RNLI Station and I hope that the crew didn't have to go out on a rescue mission in those extreme conditions

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-updates-storm-pierrick-brings-28961227
Help Centre / Llandudno Donkeys
« Last post by Rabster on April 09, 2024, 02:03:15 pm »
As a child i used to holiday in Llandudno at an aunt who resided in Craig-y-don.  Sadly aunt died in 1988 and also I lost my mum last year.

In mums will there is a small legacy for Llandudno donkeys which, as executor, I am trying to complete.

Would anyone know if the donkeys that used to go to the beach are still going please - or newer donkeys if the older ones have gone to donkey heaven?

I understand the chap who ran the donkeys was called John however all avenues have come to nothing.

I am also aware that sand has been removed from Llandudno beach and replaced with rocks so it may be the donkeys there have completely finished.

Any info for John or the donkeys is gratefully received so as I can ensure mums wishes are completed.

Thanks in advance
Covid-19 / Re: General Covid 19 news....Long Covid blood clues
« Last post by SteveH on April 09, 2024, 10:14:34 am »
People with long Covid have evidence of continuing inflammation in their blood, which could help understanding of the condition and how it may be treated, a UK study suggests.

It found the presence of certain proteins increased the risk of specific symptoms, such as fatigue, in people sick enough to need hospital treatment.

It is unclear whether milder cases of Covid have the same effect on the body.

A test remains a long way off - but the findings may prompt future trials.

Long Covid - symptoms lasting at least 12 weeks after a Covid infection - is thought to have affected millions of people around the world.

Some of the most common symptoms are:  cont https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68762171
Local News & Discussion / Re: Stop Press.........Alan Bates to give evidence
« Last post by SteveH on April 09, 2024, 10:12:49 am »
Alan Bates, who inspired the ITV drama which sparked huge interest in the Post Office scandal, has arrived at Aldwych House.

He is a former sub-postmaster who led the campaign to expose the injustice. Bates founded the Justice For Subpostmasters Alliance (JFSA) and, alongside five others, took the Post Office to the High Court.

Bates will give evidence to Post Office Horizon IT inquiry as part of phases five and six of the probe, which will look at governance and how the Post Office responded to the scandal.

Live report.......  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68767646
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]