Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Covid-19 / Re: General Covid 19 news
« Last post by Ian on Today at 11:09:18 am »
It's very easy to criticise the NHS, but their work in organising and delivering the Covid vaccinations has been outstanding.
Covid-19 / Re: General Covid 19 news
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:24:00 am »
MORE than 45,000 of the most vulnerable people in North Wales have already topped up their protection against COVID-19 by receiving a booster vaccine this spring.

Vaccination teams from Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board are delivering up to 2,000 booster vaccines each day at their network of community vaccination clinics.

The health board has thanked people throughout North Wales for coming forward for their spring booster in such high numbers.

Everyone eligible for a COVID-19 spring booster has now been sent an invitation to attend an appointment at a clinic close to their home.

Teams are delivering vaccines from almost 40 locations throughout North Wales, including community halls, sports grounds, leisure centres and other venues – making it easier and more convenient for people to protect themselves against the virus.

The health board say the final batches of appointment letters have been sent in recent days and should arrive very soon.

Residents have been asked to check letters carefully because the venue for appointments may be different from previous vaccination programmes.

Teams are also continuing visits to offer the spring booster to people living in care homes and who are housebound.

The spring booster helps to protect older people and adults and children with a compromised immune system from serious illness caused by COVID-19.

Following advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) and the Welsh Government, a spring booster vaccine is being offered to everyone aged 75 or over, everyone living in a care home for older adults, and all adults and children aged six months and over who are immunosuppressed.

The health board is urging everyone eligible for the vaccine to take up the offer to boost their protection against COVID-19 this spring.

They say they are especially keen to encourage adults and children with a compromised immune system to come forward to receive the vaccine when invited.
Games, Jokes & Quizzes / Re: Quiz Time!
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:18:01 am »
Test your knowledge of the news with our Big Fat Quiz of the Week
Questions cover a Welsh festival, an Anglesey factory and an investment

7/10 this week

quiz  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/test-your-knowledge-news-big-29269423
New country park next to A55 in grounds of Bodelwyddan Castle
The estate's woods, orchards and meadows are to reopen to the public with new paths and revamped car park

Work on a new country park just off the A55 is to be stepped up this summer following the award of a £900,000 grant. Historic parkland next to Denbighshire's Bodelwyddan Castle will be renovated before its woods, orchards and pastures reopen to the public once again.

Denbighshire Council sought planning consent for the creation of a country park and this has since been agreed. An existing car park will be redeveloped to create 73 spaces and new paths will be built for local residents and visitors.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/trips-breaks/work-start-soon-new-country-29270913
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with the Conwy Valley
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:08:33 am »
Entire sections of road in Conwy to be raised to stop them being swamped by river
Culverts under the road are also being replaced to stop pooling by rainwater running down hillsides

Sections of a 60mph road in the Conwy Valley are to be raised in height to protect them from river flooding. Conwy Council is planning work on the B5106 to prevent the kind of inundations that often lead to the road’s closure after heavy rain.

Details are scarce as the local authority is still finalising the scheme, which is expected to start in 2025 or early 2026. Residents fear the work will cause significant problems for drivers as lengthy diversions are likely when it gets underway.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/entire-sections-road-conwy-raised-29266716
Local News & Discussion / Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:06:02 am »
Llandudno dubbed Britain's 'safest' seaside town where visiting 'is like going back 50 years'
'The older ladies still dress nicely. You can go out for walks after dark'

In Britain's "safest" seaside town, locals say it's like "going back 50 years". Overlooking Llandudno Bay, Llandudno is home to just under 20,000 people.

“Living here is like going back 50 years,” says Ray, 80, who retired to this seaside town almost three decades ago, reports the Express.

"You can go out for walks after dark. There are no rough gangs going around swearing and fighting.”

The seafront is the centre of the town, with a two-mile stretch of Victorian terraces intertwined with grand hotels between the Great Orme and Little Orme headlands. There are also a number of beautiful shops, restaurants, churches, and museums to explore.

Liz Westwood, 21, works at the Llandudno Pier Coffee Shop. “I came here from the Midlands, to live with my nan and, in a way, start again,” she says.

“You’ve always got the beach and the mountains. I get on with people of all ages, but there are young people here if you want to find them.”

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-dubbed-britains-safest-seaside-29265844

Politics & Current Affairs / Re: The Great British Weather Debate
« Last post by mull on Today at 04:00:30 am »
Same up here on Mull.

Been a cold north wind on most days in May. Certainly not been beach weather. Still got heating on and I am sure it is not because we are getting older.
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 02:38:33 pm »
It has been one of the warmest Mays on record in the UK so they say.       Where exactly in the UK has that happened?   It must have bypassed Colwyn Bay because apart from a few warm days I've had to have the central heating and electric blankets on.

I agree with you, today I have been wondering where the year has gone, first of June tomorrow, I know time flies when you get older, but ............
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 02:33:57 pm »
It has been one of the warmest Mays on record in the UK so they say.       Where exactly in the UK has that happened?   It must have bypassed Colwyn Bay because apart from a few warm days I've had to have the central heating and electric blankets on.
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: Points to Ponder
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 02:18:30 pm »
You can add railways, energy companies, water companies that have all gone down the pan since they became private companies.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10