Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with the Conwy Valley
« Last post by Hugo on March 17, 2024, 09:56:44 pm »
Going to the loo by canoe must be the first of its type in Conwy
Sport / Re: Football
« Last post by Hugo on March 17, 2024, 09:47:09 pm »
FA Cup Quarter Finals      Man Utd  4    Liverpool FC 3

I did enjoy watching the game and it was an exciting cup tie especially in the last stages of the game even though it didn't go the way I hoped it would.    Ah well there's a big slice of humble pie for my tea tonight      :(

If the two Manchester clubs meet in the semi final or better still the cup final that should be a good game too.
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: National Health Service
« Last post by SteveH on March 17, 2024, 09:57:53 am »
Need an op? The hospitals with the worst waits revealed

stats...... How are your local NHS services coping this winter?....Enter a postcode to find out, see link below

cont https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68479414
Lowering the speed limit from 30mph to 20mph in built-up areas has been one of the most controversial law changes made by the Welsh government.

It was introduced to save lives and get more people walking and cycling, and so far has been enforced through engagement with the public since January.

But anyone breaking the 20mph limit could face points and fines from Monday on roads where engagement has not worked.

Ministers say the ?34m law, which came into effect six months ago, will reduce deaths on roads.

But it has not proved popular with many, with hundreds of 20mph signs being defaced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4n789jv49jo
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with the Conwy Valley
« Last post by SteveH on March 17, 2024, 09:38:20 am »
Dramatic new 'Spaceship' toilet block on stilts becomes 'Noah?s Ark' during floods
The two-storey structure has been designed to withstand extreme flood events - but not everyone is happy

From a distance, it looks sleek, eye-catching and ever so slightly out of place. Lined with dainty portholes, it?s been dubbed Llanrwst?s ?spaceship?. When floods hit, as they often do, residents say it resembles more of a "Noah?s Ark".

The town?s new two-storey public toilet block, in Parc Gwydyr next to Afon Conwy, is not quite open yet, and for some residents that seems to have been the case for quite a while. In Llanrwst, there?s been much talk about the town?s long-awaited quartet of unisex ?flood-resistant? toilets and their ?160,000 price tag.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/dramatic-new-spaceship-toilet-block-28829100?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589
Sport / Re: Football
« Last post by Hugo on March 16, 2024, 11:32:22 pm »
   FA Cup quarter final        Manchester Utd  V   Liverpool FC

I'm looking forward to seeing the match on TV tomorrow afternoon and hope that it lives up to expectations.   Both my brothers are Man Utd fans so I hope that I'm not eating humble pie for tea tomorrow evening      ;D
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Gardening
« Last post by Hugo on March 16, 2024, 11:22:55 pm »
My experience with Toby Hughes was really good .  He arrived on time, he was neat and tidy and his van was immaculate.
Toby started by using his camera on a long pole to see where the problem was and then used his machine to extract all the moss and debris in the gutter. Then he checked the down pipe as I thought that there may be a blockage there too.
I'm very grateful to Gwynant for telling me about him and I'll use him again as soon as I need to

On another note I had a coffee morning a few days ago with a retirement group and Arfon who is a volunteer at Bodnant like yourself was there .   He sends his best wishes to you and hopes that you have a speedy recovery after your operation.
He also mentioned your camera and we enjoyed seeing those nice photos of Bodnant that you have posted on here and look forward to seeing some more in the future
Games, Jokes & Quizzes / Re: Quiz Time!
« Last post by Hammy on March 16, 2024, 09:50:31 pm »
8/10 with some accurate guesses, but who provides the Welsh geography vetting for that publication?????
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Gardening
« Last post by DVT on March 16, 2024, 08:24:10 pm »
A couple of weeks ago a flyer came through my letter box for Ben's Gutters - as my gutters needed clearing I called them.  Price seemed expensive for my simple semi dormer house, just one gutter front and back.  The chap who answered the phone said it included checking the gutters, brackets and re-sealing if necessary.

A week later chap turns up with his ladder and pulls out the offending plant growth - both gutters easy access, took about 20 minutes.  I am recovering from operation so did not stand and watch him.  Went out and asked if he'd checked the brackets and resealed the end caps as they continually leak.

No, he had not re-sealed as that was a further ?25 cost - on top of the ?77 I had already paid.

I felt I had been conned and would not recommend them,  The gutter end-caps still drip water but not as bad, probably as the blockage has been cleared.
Games, Jokes & Quizzes / Re: Quiz Time!
« Last post by Hugo on March 16, 2024, 05:13:55 pm »
8 out of 10 for me      My guessing has improved a lot in this last week      ;D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]