Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2676283 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2610 on: July 08, 2012, 08:52:42 pm »
What a shame nobody told CCBC that this was going on on the prom,they might of cut the grass, weeded the flower beds and removed the barriers from 2 weeks ago,what a shamew.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2611 on: July 09, 2012, 08:47:53 am »
From Llandudno Lifeboat Facebook Page:

ELDERLY VISITOR RECOVERED TO SAFETY AFTER BEACH FALL

Llandudno's RNLI inshore lifeboat, an RAF Valley rescue helicopter and coastguards were sent to Angel Bay on Llandudno's Little Orme shortly after 9 p.m. last night (Sunday) to assist an 82 year-old man who had slipped and fallen whilst on the beach.

In the event the low tide conditions allowed the 22 Squadron Sea King to land on the shore nearby, with the lifeboat standing by just offshore, available if needed. After the aircrew had assessed the casualty's condition he was helped into the aircraft which then transferred him from the beach to a level area higher on the Orme, where he was passed into the care of coastguards.

It is understood that they in turn arranged for him to be checked over by an ambulance crew before taking him back to the local caravan park where he was staying.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Llandudno-Lifeboat/206077612742085

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2612 on: July 09, 2012, 09:48:26 am »
Poor chap-- he must have felt confident to tackle that path. It never appeals to me, even in dry weather !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2613 on: July 09, 2012, 03:13:15 pm »
In spite of the rain, the pulling of the DC9 along the prom to Venue Cymru, led by the Captain and his Trolley Dollies,  was a great event with a big crowd in attendance..

www.adainavion.org

$cool$

We had a quick look this morning, interesting to see a 'naked' plane, it all looks so fragile like that! The plane has a see through floor which is very odd to walk on!

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2614 on: July 09, 2012, 09:21:28 pm »
Looking today at the ever growing grass and the weeds actually taking over the flower beds i think its time i took a break just like Oscar,althought i have tried to motivate disscussion on the state of the town i think i might be getting on peoples nerves so i will take a break of my  own and see if my absence encourages people to come back, i can only think that a lot of councillors used to post on here and are sick of my constant moaning off them.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2615 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:12 pm »
Wrex, keep it up, I suspect lack of money is the problem!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2616 on: July 09, 2012, 10:36:21 pm »
don,t give up wrex you may be a moaner but not without reason, I'm not a council lover but i do believe the weather conditions are a lot to do with the state of the weed beds, the forum would not be the same without  a wrex  whinge now and again

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #2617 on: July 10, 2012, 10:13:08 am »
I notice a well-known local reporter has today in the Daily Post given due prominence to wrex's complaints so maybe wrex may consider thanking the young lady in due course. 

Poor chap-- he must have felt confident to tackle that path. It never appeals to me, even in dry weather !

I wonder if this was the same gentleman who was wearing 'dancing shoes' according to the local newspaper.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2618 on: July 10, 2012, 12:14:52 pm »

I wonder if this was the same gentleman who was wearing 'dancing shoes' according to the local newspaper.
[/quote]

It sounds like the same one-- no wonder he slipped !

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2619 on: July 10, 2012, 01:53:13 pm »

It sounds like the same one-- no wonder he slipped !
[/quote]

"Patently" obvious, I would have thought!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2620 on: July 10, 2012, 02:55:52 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2621 on: July 11, 2012, 09:54:19 am »
The Council Gardeners were out in force yesterday along the Prom and working on various roundabouts. Have Wrex's moanings done the trick?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #2622 on: July 11, 2012, 10:25:47 am »
Has work on the new floral clock come to a stop?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2623 on: July 11, 2012, 10:32:54 am »
We wondered that-- nothing seems to have been done this week. Perhaps they haven't got time !  ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2624 on: July 11, 2012, 11:17:54 am »
Waiting for the concrete to set, I imagine - tricky with all this rain recently.