Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 230410 times)

Offline che guevaras flip flops

Re: Welcome!
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2011, 11:53:34 pm »
My mother's sister was a teacher in Llandudno - Maureen White - and her an her husband (my uncle Peter ) also ran the Alexander Stores in West Shore for a while and also the corner shop in Rhuddlan Avenue.

What was the corner shop called Andy?

Your Uncle Peter was a keen sportsman wasn't he?

Peter White - He was a golfer. Can't remember what the corner shop on Rhuddlan Ave was called but they still live there across the road. 

Do you know them?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2011, 06:22:09 pm »
Yes, nice people.

What's your cousins Carol & Sean doing nowadays?

« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2011, 09:01:58 pm »
Shaun was a Royal Marine and now lives in Northampton.   Not sure what Carol and Jane do or where they are - not seen them for years.

Shaun is on facebook - is he a mate of yours?  Do you want his e-mail

Maybe you know my sister Hilary?  She lives in Llandudno as well

Offline Trojan

« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2011, 11:12:53 pm »
Shaun was a mate many moons ago - I can look him up on Facebook now that I know.

Hilary C Williams yes, used to frequent Bartons with Irene Roberts & Hayley Lancaster.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2011, 11:22:59 pm »
Would Shaun be about 44 years old, went to Lloyd St school & John Brights?
Valar Morghulis

Offline RichieC

« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2011, 07:22:36 am »
There are full instructions here, Richie, but posting an image is simply a matter of clicking 'additional options' (lower LH corner) as you're composing a reply, and that opens up a dialogue from where you can post images.

Good to see we have another early poster on the forum!

Thanks to everyone for the greetings. I've not disappeared-I promise! I would imagine though that due to work/beer/jumping off wardrobe commitments it won't be an everyday posting-every month maybe? :roll:

The administrators by checking my log-ins will notice regular visits however. I'm presently going back over all the previous postings in various categories to try and  make sure there won't turn out to be any duplicate discussions/photographs etc.

Above all though, I'm spending excellent hours reviving memories of the 1950's and 1960's but that in turn only makes less time available to make postings possible!

« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2011, 12:20:42 pm »
SDQ - yea that'sprobably the one and the same.

Trojan - small world eh?  Do you know my brother Stephen then?  or even my other sister Sian?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2011, 12:09:29 am »
SDQ - yea that'sprobably the one and the same.

Trojan - small world eh?  Do you know my brother Stephen then?  or even my other sister Sian?

It certainly is.  :)

No, I'm afraid I don't know Stephen or Sian. Maybe by sight I would though.

Offline stephenprudence

« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2011, 02:04:39 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm Ste (Stephen), just joined today although I've been browsing the past few weeks. I am planning on moving to Llandudno after August, so this will be a great place to find out stuff! Great form by the way!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2011, 03:05:48 pm »
Welcome aboard, Stephen. Whereabouts in Llandudno will you be moving to?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline stephenprudence

« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2011, 04:50:47 pm »
Thanks Ian  $good$ At the moment I'm keeping options open but first choice around the Gloddaeth Street/Church Walks area (in that broad area)

Offline Music_Hut_Radio_1

• Music Hut Radio 1.
« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2011, 02:35:48 pm »
Hi All,

Found your forum through google and thought it was worth a look.

My boyfriend and myself are looking to relocate to Llandudno by the end of this year to early next year. My boyfriend is setting up his own radio buisness so thought I would join to see if anyone had any comments or suggestions.

I also hope to get to know the area a bit better as looking forward to moving near the coast. :D

Gail

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2011, 02:50:07 pm »
Welcome aboard, Gail. When you say
My boyfriend is setting up his own radio buisness
what will that entail?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Music_Hut_Radio_1

• Music Hut Radio 1.
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2011, 02:59:48 pm »
Hi Ian

He's hoping to set up locally on fm and also worldwide on internet. At the moment he is doing the odd show himself and is internet only but he has most of his DJ's and has his experience. All he needs now is a place and buisness sponsors who want to be advertised.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2011, 03:55:02 pm »
Sounds interesting.  I wish him well;  the radio business can be tricky but rewarding.