Author Topic: Three Towns Forum Members Get Together.  (Read 52585 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Three Towns Forum Members Get Together.
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2016, 11:18:14 pm »
The weather may be cold up there at times Mike,  but I know that there's always a warm welcome when you are there.    That's a very kind gesture and I hope to see you soon when I'm on the Orme

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2016, 07:14:54 pm »
Thanks Hugo look forward to seeing you.
 On this subject, I have received a what you might say interesting email direct to me. Because he is frightened of the forum moderators. Or she I suppose. He/she goes under the name of a biscuit firm I have not heard of for years. And it's spelt wrong. Must try and remember the biscuit salesmen I dealt with fourty years ago.
 Anyway I can make a guess or two about him/her. He reads the forum avidly.he likes to insult people he think are overweight. And he also likes to insult people who thinks are underweight. He hates golf. But, thank goodness, there are two forum members who he hates more than me.
  I cannot reply to him not that I particularly want to. But return emails are sent back.  Mike
P.s.oh, and seeing as he uses it as a comparison, he appears to know the taste of his own urine.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2016, 07:53:16 am »
We don't have any forum moderators, Mike.  Only Administrators. We used to have a moderator, but his work moved him on.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2016, 08:49:04 pm »
Sorry Ian. To be honest I don't know the difference between a moderator and an administrator but, thinking about it, I can guess. But, on his own admission, he is frightened that his beloved message is going to be altered or deleted.
  But I don't give a damn. I have better things to do with my time thank you. Last words anyone will read from me on this subject. Mike

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2016, 07:33:46 am »
If either Dave of I alters anyone's post we leave a message saying what we've done and also the system itself reveals the edit to everyone.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2016, 08:40:21 am »
There has'ent been a post here for a long time. Some of you will remember that we had a meeting up here on the golf course but to put it bluntly it was a bit of a flop because as far as I remember the weather turned bad. Probably wind and rain. Get plenty of that here.
  Anyway, I am sure none of us fancy a repeat. So seeing that the weather is so unpredictable I would like to throw an embracing invitation to all and every member of the forum to come along here any time they like, presumably on a sunny day, and have a chat and try your hand on the golf. No need to make plans. Just come on impulse, anytime.
  I know several members of course. However some I only know by forum name. To save any embarrassment by my bringing them down with a rugby tackle because I think they are just strangers helping themselves to a free round or two, just mention the forum.
  Look forward to seeing a few of you, and I will get the kettle on.  Mike

I've been meaning to visit since you opened again. Will try and get down next weekend hopefully the weather is going to stay nice 8)