Author Topic: Three Towns Forum Members Get Together.  (Read 52562 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Three Towns Forum Members Get Together.
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2012, 10:28:00 pm »
     What can I say?   I was delayed returning from outpatients at Glan Clwyd---but I COULD have made it, just.  It was raining, I was cold, but there is no dodging the main point.
    The venue was licensed premises. I COULD have driven, no problem. But I knew the temptation would have been too great. So it would have been a taxi back (£15/£20 I would imagine, and a bus back in the morning to get the car.
   The alternative was four long walks and two probably longish waits at a bus stop.
   Not my nature to let people down, but I did -- so going to bury my head in shame.  Sorry   Mike

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2012, 10:48:12 pm »
Mike, don't worry, we would have been happy to give you a lift.
We had a great night, thanks to Hollins, Blodyn and Nemesis for braving the bad weather! Myself and Erindoors greatly enjoyed your company!  Next year we must set it up sooner and hopefully more forum members can attend!  ZXZ
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2012, 12:24:03 am »
sorry i was not able to make it, really enjoyed meeting you all last year but Thursday is my lodge night and very hard to give up, Friday would have been a goer why not try again in the spring when the weather may be a little kinder, Glad to see those that did make it had a good night, look forward to seeing you in the new year

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2012, 01:09:56 am »
Lodge night eh?   Hmmm, sounds like another Masonic plot to keep members from meeting.... I KNEW IT!!

I noticed that several other 'Brother Masons' were strangely unable to make it last night too.  ?{}?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2012, 09:05:53 am »
Lovely to see you all last night, despite the terrible weather and great to meet you for the first time Hollins. Got home without getting soaked, but then got heavily peppered with a hailstorm taking the dog out later on. Grrr.
Sorry to miss you Mike, but you did the right thing-- it really was atrocious.
Hope to see the others who couldn't come next time we have a meet up.
Cheers all
Nem.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2012, 12:02:49 pm »
Lodge night eh?   Hmmm, sounds like another Masonic plot to keep members from meeting.... I KNEW IT!!
I noticed that several other 'Brother Masons' were strangely unable to make it last night too.  ?{}?

Perhaps I should have apologised for not attending earlier but presumed the place would be filled to capacity with the Three Towns Members.   I have a phobia about pubs and hate the smell of the malt and the hops.  The last time I actually visited a pub for a drink was many years go and probably at someone's funeral!

Hope you all had a good time.    _))++ +}}{-- _))++ +}}{-- _))++ +}}{--
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2012, 01:19:21 pm »
Many thanks to ME for organising the get together and to Mrs. ME, Nemesis and Hollins for coming along - it was good to see you all.  We had a very enjoyable evening but it was a shame not more were able to attend.  Let's hope for more next time!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2012, 05:51:01 pm »
Out of 838 Members you didn't do too bad.   Just think if everyone had turned up!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2012, 11:28:44 pm »
sorry fester wrong again, R.A.O.B. Lodge, we are the poor relatives, do more for charity than ourselves. I Wish it had been on any other night and i would have been there

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2012, 08:35:42 am »
Out of 838 Members you didn't do too bad.   Just think if everyone had turned up!   ZXZ

The King's Head would have been crowing at the profits. I don't normally frequent pubs and was quite shocked at the prices. -- just short of £5.50 for an orange juice and a pint of beer. (A regular guest was going there too, so we walked up together and I bought her a pint.) Aaaagh !

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2012, 08:56:44 am »
We also rarely go in pubs, too dear! we have only been in that one three times, all for the forum meet ups! Usually one drink lasts me all night! We have really enjoyed these meets though  D)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2012, 11:28:54 am »
It isn't just pubs !
On my train trip on Weds. it cost me an arm and a leg for a bottle of Lucozade and a packet of crisps on Piccadilly Station. I happened to notice as I was waiting to pay that a small bottle of water was priced at £1.75. I buy sparkling water in Asda for 17p a 2 litre bottle.

Think I am turning into a dinosaur. :o

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2012, 01:20:41 pm »
When we go out we usually take our food and drink with us, we've always done it! I think a lot more people are doing it these days.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2012, 01:30:02 pm »
Same here, but I was carrying quite a large bag of stuff for the family, so didn't want to add more weight !

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2013, 12:11:33 am »
I have been fortunate enough to meet every regular contributor to this Forum, face to face.  Also some who seem to have disappeared for a time.  (Pendragon? Blodyn?  Paddy?  Medz? etc....)

But today, I think I completed the full set.  I was visited by HUGO, and what a very delightful chap he is.  :)

Nice to meet you Sir, it was a pleasure.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -