Author Topic: Llandulas Pier  (Read 6139 times)

Offline Dave

Llandulas Pier
« on: September 26, 2011, 10:00:48 pm »
I don't tend to travel east very often but did so the other day for the first time in ages.
When did the quarry pier at Llandulas suddenly loose the first  half it's length ? Was it demolished or did it fall down ?
It seems to have vanished without a fuss which leads to the question... How come it's so difficult to demolish Colwyn Bay Pier ?
Thanks in anticipation.Dave

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Llandulas Pier
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:03:05 pm »
Demoltion of one of the 'jettys' at Llandulas started about two weeks ago.... just an industrial relic, and a hazard.
It was in the NWWN last week.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Dave

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:00 pm »
Thanks Fester. It is a good roost for seabirds, there are usually lots of Cormorants on it , surely not as much of an hazard or eyesore as C.B. pier ?
I'm afraid I stopped buying the NWWN several years ago.
Dave

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 11:05:40 pm »
Thanks Fester. It is a good roost for seabirds, there are usually lots of Cormorants on it , surely not as much of an hazard or eyesore as C.B. pier ?
Dave

A wise move..... no longer buying the NWWN I mean.
With the £140 you have saved, you could buy Colwyn Bay Pier!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 09:07:34 pm »
Sorry to be a picky beggar but lets get the title of this thread correct. The spelling is LLANDDULAS.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:10:48 pm »
And thats from me who makes mistakes all the time in every thing I post. I know the "posh" words and when and how to use them, but I dont know how to spell them. The computer spell checker says thats not right, but it doesent go on to tell me what is right.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 11:03:16 am »
Dave

The bit that was left was covered in Cormorants and other birds last Weds. they were certainly having to 'cosy up' together !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Dave

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »
Sorry to be a picky beggar but lets get the title of this thread correct. The spelling is LLANDDULAS.

oops !

Shouldn't Ormegolf  have a capital O though  :twoface:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:58:19 pm »
Well, t hats a funny thing you mention that.  Going back two or three years ago I had a crack at making my own website and the name I used was BirdsEyeViewOfWales. I dont remember who it was, but noone from the forum, I had'nt even found the forum at that time. But someone was giving me advice on making this site and they said something like "it is very unprofessional in modern technology to have uppercase letters---especially in email addresses. It shows you up as a complete amateur."

So, I don't know. Anyone got any comments?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 11:53:02 am »
Maybe I am old fashioned, or had an old fashioned schooling, but I always try to use the correct upper and lower case letters and usually try to make sure that I have spelled things correctly. Stuffy old so and so I can hear some saying, but we'd have been writing things out 50 or 100 times if we had submitted some of the things you see today.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »
Email addresses are generally all in lower case.  $good$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 09:10:00 pm »
Thanks Dave for putting my mind at rest. So-------- 2 B ormegolf or ----- 2 b Ormegolf?   To be honest I don't give a bu----- but I dont want 2 B seen as an amature (Oh spelling again)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 08:32:56 pm »
emails are a treat compaired to text messaging, the only good thing is it reminds me of my spelling when i was in school, i was teerybubbule

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 08:52:30 pm »
Dave, you don't need to be ashamed of the incorrect spelling of Llanddulas. You are in "good?" company. A quick glance tonight at Thoughts of Oscar and ---- would you believe ---- he has made the same mistake. Naughty blogging boys both of you ;D