Author Topic: Football  (Read 230543 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Football
« Reply #630 on: February 01, 2022, 05:11:46 pm »
Can Lampard fire up misfits?           Let's hope so,  he could even play in that team if needed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60203467

Offline Hugo

« Reply #631 on: February 27, 2022, 10:35:23 pm »
Liverpool won a dramatic penalty shoot-out to secure the first domestic trophy of the season after a classic Carabao Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley.    That's a record ninth win in the Carabao cup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60450274

Offline Hugo

« Reply #632 on: March 03, 2022, 11:42:06 am »
FA Cup 5th round     Liverpool 2    Norwich 1

Last night I watched the under strength Liverpool team beat Norwich but I must admit that after Norwich scored their goal the game became more open and I was glad when the final whistle came.

I'm off to the pub tonight to see the 5th round of the FA Cup on TV.    The match is between Everton and Boreham Wood so on present form Everton should get through.     When I was there before and Everton were playing I had never seen so many Everton supporters in the club before.   There must have been 5 or 6 of them watching the game on the TV

Offline Hugo

« Reply #633 on: March 04, 2022, 02:49:12 pm »
FA Cup 5th round          Everton 2     Boreham Wood  0

Everton scrape through on a lacklustre performance but at least they are in the next round of the FA Cup

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #634 on: March 04, 2022, 09:02:45 pm »
I’m Norwich had 6/7 regular s missing ,,  everton introduced two youngsters to make their debuts, never an easy game v low teams they up their game , assess have seen Liverpool doing over the years 😂😂😂,  still hope you enjoyed your night with young brother Hugo.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #635 on: March 05, 2022, 02:59:27 pm »
We did have a good night in the pub thanks Norman, a few beers and a good chat but if it's any consolation to you I wasn't impressed by the Liverpool game either.
On Thursday the game didn't come alive but there was quite a bit of individual skill on show.     If I'm honest I don't enjoy watching football as much as I did years ago.      It seems to be more tactical nowadays and the aim seems to be on just keeping the ball and what got me was that when the goalkeeper got the ball and was going to distribute it to his team the two full backs were always in the penalty area.
Another thing that annoys me is all this holding that goes on, just imagine if they did that to Norman Hunter in his heyday.     I wouldn't pay to go to watch a game now and would rather see it on TV

There is a big game on TV tomorrow   Man City  V Man Utd    my brother John will be supporting Utd and in this instance I may too as it would help Liverpool if Utd do win

Offline Hugo

« Reply #636 on: March 07, 2022, 10:25:57 am »
                                   Man City  4    Man Utd  1

I've just seen the game on catch up TV and City were a joy to watch.    They were in a class of their own and Utd were poor in comparison.
Unless City take an unexpected dip in form the title should be theirs at the end of the season

Offline Hugo

« Reply #637 on: March 13, 2022, 09:12:51 am »
                                    Brighton  0    Liverpool FC  2

It was an entertaining game to watch but the foul by the Brighton Goalkeeper on Luis Diaz was beyond reckless and he was extremely lucky not to get a red card for that challenge.
I know that Goalkeepers need protection but it seems to have gone the other way now.   The last time I saw a challenge as bad as that was when Jason Pickford of Everton crippled Van Dijk of Liverpool FC and Pickford too escaped any punishment

Offline Hugo

« Reply #638 on: April 20, 2022, 02:40:09 pm »
        Liverpool 4      Man Utd  0

It must have been a good match to watch  if you had been a Liverpool fan. Hopefully Utd will start rebuilding the team for next year

Liverpool have a big game on Sunday when Everton visit Anfield,    It should be a close call as Everton are in the relegation zone and need every point they can get

Offline Hugo

« Reply #639 on: July 31, 2022, 10:28:16 am »
                                                  Liverpool FC  3      Man City 1
Community Shield highlights: Darwin Nunez stars as Liverpool beat Man City
The season-opening Community Shield between Liverpool and Manchester City was billed as a battle of two new strikers - and there was no doubting who came out on top.
It was a good game between the two best teams in England but the best of Haarland won't be too far away

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62364823

Offline Hugo

« Reply #640 on: August 14, 2022, 11:30:19 am »
                      Brentford 4       Man Utd 0

I watched the match on TV last night
 and the Utd display was diabolical to say the least.    The defence was rubbish and De Gea who on his day has saved Utd many times but yesterday he had a nightmare game
Ronaldo never looked like he was earning his 500K wages per week      Utd are rock bottom at the moment so they  should only get better
but that defence needs sorting out

Offline DVT

« Reply #641 on: August 14, 2022, 12:07:23 pm »
Wait until after the next two matches before sorting them out!

I support Liverpool, my son supports Southampton.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #642 on: August 17, 2022, 07:55:30 pm »
Some fans are impatient though       ;)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #643 on: October 14, 2022, 10:05:46 am »
North Wales football club gets go-ahead to build new 1,000 seater stand
It will take Colwyn Bay FC's seating capacity to 1,850

Colwyn Bay Football Club will erect a new 1,000-seater stand at its Old Colwyn ground, taking its seating capacity to 1,850. Conwy?s planning committee granted the club permission for the stand, subject to the project meeting some highway amendments within the next three months.

The JD Cymru North League club's plans include a car parking area at the rear of the ground. Councillors hope the new car park will help ease traffic pressures on matchdays.

Neil Coverley, chairman of the club, said: "This development will help promote and progress not only the local football club but the local area, nationally and internationally, helping boost the economy and employment.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-football-club-gets-25247039

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #644 on: November 21, 2022, 10:20:54 am »
Giant Welsh flag lights up one of Qatar's biggest buildings                                                         
Y Ddraig Goch has featured prominently throughout Qatar ahead of the World Cup                         $welsh$

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/giant-welsh-flag-lights-up-25559457