Author Topic: Football  (Read 230181 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Football
« Reply #615 on: August 08, 2021, 05:49:22 pm »
I watched the FA Community Shield Final on TV yesterday, well most of it anyway as I fell asleep in the first half.
I thought that overall Leicester deserved the  1- 0 victory against Man City but feel that in the Premier League Man City will be the side to beat especially when their best players are back.

Some features of the modern game that I don't like are where everything is played from the back and it results in most of the passes going backwards or side wards    I'm sure that when they tot up the various stats that they seem so keen on they would find that the goalkeeper has passed the ball  more than some of the out field players
Another great dislike of mine is the holding of shirts and people in the penalty areas, it just spoils the game

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Football............Llandudno FC
« Reply #616 on: August 30, 2021, 02:19:32 pm »
LLANDUDNO FC has confirmed an offshore painting firm as its new major sponsor on a three-year deal.

OPS Wind, which has set up a new office on Madoc Street, has agreed the biggest commercial deal in the Seasiders' 33-year history.

Llandudno FC's chief operating officer Sam Williams, who has been involved in negotiating the deal over the past few months, said: “OPS Wind getting on board with Llandudno Football Club is a hugely exciting opportunity for the club, and is another step in the right direction towards the trajectory the club is taking.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19546311.llandudno-fc-agrees-biggest-ever-commercial-deal-offshore-painting-firm/

Online SteveH

Re: NEW .....Conwy Schools Football Programme,
« Reply #617 on: September 14, 2021, 09:50:00 am »
A SCHOOL team for the best young football players across Conwy will be set up for the first time.

Conwy County Borough Council is set to launch the Conwy Schools Football Programme, which will draw players from schools across the county to compete in regional and national competitions.

It comes after football coaches campaigned for the establishment of the team as Conwy is the only local authority in Wales not to already have one.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19576842.conwy-council-launch-conwy-schools-football-programme/?ref=rss&IYA-reg=a05105fc-304d-4c50-9807-edab51f779a4

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #618 on: September 14, 2021, 01:35:17 pm »
This area always had district teams, I remember them in the 60s and my lad played in them in the 90s  so come on Ccbc this is not new.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #619 on: October 16, 2021, 05:16:37 pm »
     Watford  0    Liverpool FC  5
Match of the day tonight should be worth watching for all the goals scored in today's matches

Leicester beat Man Utd    4 -- 2 in a thrilling game so that's a positive result for Leicester

Online SteveH

« Reply #620 on: October 21, 2021, 09:21:15 am »
FORMER Colwyn Bay FC captain Johnny Carmichael has died at the age of 77 following a long illness.

Mr Carmichael, a civil servant, had a long-standing connection to his boyhood club as a player, trainer and physiotherapist since he first joined in the early 1960s.

He played for the Seagulls for more than 15 years and would go on to captain the first team, and years later would become a trainer and physiotherapist for the club while it played in exile at Ellesmere Port in the early 1990s.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19656587.seagulls-legend-johnny-carmichael-dies-aged-77/?ref=rss&IYA-mail=a05105fc-304d-4c50-9807-edab51f779a4

Offline Hugo

« Reply #621 on: October 24, 2021, 06:05:19 pm »
    Man  Utd  0      Liverpool FC  5         Latest score after 63 minutes

Paul Pogba sent off after a vicious tackle on Naby Keita so Utd are down to 10 men         Liverpool fans are chanting "Ole must stay".
Utd could still make a comeback as they usually have a few penalties awarded at Old Trafford and 5 or 10 minutes extra for Fergie time

Mohamed Salah is the first away player to score a hat-trick at Old Trafford for over 18 years, since Ronaldo did so for Real Madrid back in April 2003 in the Champions League.

Offline DVT

« Reply #622 on: October 24, 2021, 07:12:10 pm »
Brilliant result!

Man U did win 6-0 on yellow cards, and 1-0 on reds !!!

Ronaldo being denied by VAR - VAR is wonderful.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #623 on: October 25, 2021, 08:50:36 am »
But Ronaldo should have been sent off when he was kicking out at the Liverpool player on the floor.   He had lost his rag completely

Offline DVT

« Reply #624 on: October 25, 2021, 09:08:45 am »
Quite agree Hugo - but it's Ronaldo, the sun shines out of his ...

I was amazed, but highly pleased, that VAR ruled out his goal.

I'm told that Man U will get hauled up before FIFA for accruing 5 (in this case 6) yellow cards in a match ... no doubt that will be a slap on the wrist and have to pay a little bit of small change.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #625 on: November 06, 2021, 03:51:49 pm »
Man Utd   0       Man City  2
At least Utd improved on their last home match       &shake&

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59099962

Online SteveH

Re: Llandudno Football Club
« Reply #626 on: November 17, 2021, 01:06:04 pm »
Llandudno Football Club has applied for permission to change their free car park to pay and display, claiming fans and customers are struggling to find a space.

The current car park is free and open to the public, but the club say they hope parking meters will increase the number of available spaces.

The club claim the car park is used by heavy goods vehicles, blocking access for thousands of visitors to the football ground.

The planning application was submitted this month by applicant Andrew Croston.

If the plans get the go-ahead, parking meters will be installed at the car park on Builder Street West.

The ticket machines will be capable of taking coins and debit and credit cards, and CCTV cameras will also be installed.

The new pay and display will include seven illuminated aluminium signs, which are part of a separate planning application.

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/football-club-submits-pay-display-22189799

Offline Hugo

« Reply #627 on: January 16, 2022, 03:57:43 pm »
Rafael Benitez: Everton sack manager after less than seven months in charge

Rafa is a good manager but Everton need a Magician if they want to get up there with the top clubs again.    When Rafa was with Liverpool I didn't like this zonal marking that he introduced and the Liverpool players at first had difficulty in playing that system, perhaps he needed more time at Everton?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59532271

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #628 on: January 16, 2022, 10:30:50 pm »
I'm sure your having a 😂 Hugo, every club he's managed he's caused trouble, even a lot of l,pool fans new he was bad, we the fans didn't want him yes partly because of the connection, we are so glad he's out of our club.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #629 on: January 17, 2022, 09:45:58 am »
There's some good news for you Norman, on MOTD 2  Danny Miller didn't think that Everton would be relegated this season.

One thing for sure is if Big Dunc gets the job temporary or not then the players heads won't drop like they do now.   They daren't as Dunc would soon sort them out.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1550825/Everton-Duncan-Ferguson-Real-Madrid-snub-Rafa-Benitez