Author Topic: Football  (Read 230487 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Football,.....John Reginald 'Reg' Hunter RIP
« Reply #555 on: September 23, 2020, 01:57:08 pm »
John Reginald 'Reg' Hunter, who was born in Colwyn Bay and went on to play for Manchester United.

ONE of North Wales’ greatest ever footballers has died following a short illness.

John Reginald Hunter aka Reg Hunter was born in Colwyn Bay and grew up in Mochdre.
He died aged 81 on September 9 at his home at Bangor-on-Dee, near Wrexham, in the loving company of his family.

Known as a forward, Hunter's playing career started with his hometown club of the Bay in 1957.

Full Story https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18741642.john-reginald-reg-hunter-born-colwyn-bay-went-play-manchester-united-died-aged-81-september-9/

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Football
« Reply #556 on: September 23, 2020, 03:47:16 pm »
I can remember Reg Hunter also playing outside left for Borough United during the early sixties.

RIP Reg Hunter.

Offline mull

« Reply #557 on: October 05, 2020, 10:28:54 am »
Hi Hugo,

Who do you call when the neighbours next door let more than 6 in ? COYB.

Turn the sound up......

youtube Spirit of the blues.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #558 on: October 05, 2020, 11:54:54 am »
Hugo's having a lie in till 7 past 2  $donald$   Never felt more like singing the blues.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #559 on: October 05, 2020, 12:08:39 pm »
That's a shocking video Mull but as a penance for my previous posts on Liverpool I forced myself to watch it to the end.       :o :'(

I can imagine all the Everton supporters now having their Annual meeting and all leaving that phone box with a smile on their faces.

That's very cruel Norman, just deserved, but still very cruel.        I taped the Match of the day from last night but haven't watched it yet and don't know if I can put myself through all that agony again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHDEiu3ViCI

Offline Hugo

« Reply #560 on: October 05, 2020, 02:39:59 pm »
I've just seen the recording of the Aston Villa game against Liverpool and Villa deserved the win.   They have a good strong side and barring serious injuries they should do well in the league this year.
The score though was a bit flattering with Villa having the luck of deflected goals but they all count,  I'm sure that my cousin Norman could have scored if he was playing and that's saying something       ;D

As for the hammering of Man Utd at Old Trafford  Spurs thoroughly deserved the win and would have won even if Utd had 11 players on the field.
As for the sending off of Martial that seemed unfair as both players should have gone off.    The Spurs player for the elbow on Martial in the first place and his theatricals afterwards when he had a tap on the face and Martial just for retaliation.

The biggest shock of the day for me was seeing Everton at the top of the league,   I must have been too young to remember that ever happening before         

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #561 on: October 05, 2020, 03:50:30 pm »
Mrs Klopp shouted Jurgen this morning to wake him up
“Come on Jurgen its eight”.
He shouted back “F#cking hell they haven't scored again have they”

Offline Hugo

« Reply #562 on: October 06, 2020, 02:21:19 pm »
It's a nightmare and I just hope that it's not another 30 years before we win the title again.      I'm starting to realise why the Blues always had the Blues      ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqNkmHgsRmw

Offline DVT

« Reply #563 on: October 06, 2020, 03:10:51 pm »
Just a blip, Hugo - bad day at the office.  Keeps the team top of the headlines!

Watch out the next team they play in the league - who is that, I wonder? !!

Could these two be playing in about 20 years time ...

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #564 on: October 06, 2020, 03:17:15 pm »
Hugo have Liverpool done a Leicester  $donald$  I will keep quiete for a few weeks 😅.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #565 on: October 06, 2020, 03:48:45 pm »
Nice photo DVT  and such good dress sense at such a young age.    Let's hope that they remember you when they are playing at Anfield    $good$

Make the most of it Norman, you're still at the top and unbeaten.     I've not seen anything like it from your team before, not since Dixie Dean was knocking them in

Offline Hugo

« Reply #566 on: October 17, 2020, 12:06:29 pm »
Everton  V  Liverpool should be a cracker of a game today with Liverpool going in as the underdogs after that tanking by Aston Villa

The last time Liverpool played Everton when Everton were top of the league was in 1989 and Liverpool won 3-1  I think, with Ian Rush scoring two

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #567 on: October 30, 2020, 04:01:48 pm »
RIP Nobby Stiles.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #568 on: November 15, 2020, 11:56:54 pm »
Ray Clements arguably the best goal keeper Liverpool ever had passed away today. R.I.P. Ray

Offline Hugo

« Reply #569 on: December 19, 2020, 03:33:02 pm »
Crystal Palace  0    Liverpool FC  7

A very good away win for the Reds and let's hope that they are back to their best.         $good$