Author Topic: Football  (Read 230167 times)

Offline stefos

Re: Football
« Reply #510 on: January 10, 2020, 04:10:40 pm »
More relevant to the area.

Originally from Llandudno Cheryl foster is not only Wales's only female FIFA referee but she is now on the IFAB committee (no, I'd never heard of them either) based in Zurich and administer the laws of the game along with more famous names found here -  http://www.theifab.com/news/ifab-advisory-panels-continue-to-discuss-on-key-topics

There is also a bit of a TV video about her here - https://twitter.com/FAWales/status/1178738782054387712

Online Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2020, 11:34:18 am »
Liverpool  2    Man Utd  0

I've just watched the game I recorded yesterday and it was a good result for Liverpool against a weak Utd team and the fact that Man City and Leicester both dropped points also helps Liverpool's title ambitions

16 points clear with a game in hand puts them in a very strong position for the title but it's not over yet, strange things can happen

Online Hugo

« Reply #512 on: January 27, 2020, 05:38:53 pm »
Shrewsbury  2    Liverpool  2

After watching the game yesterday I was glad when the whistle blew and the game ended.    Liverpool were very lucky in the end to come away with a draw.   Liverpool were unlucky with some of the decisions such as the penalty against them and the handball in the Shrewsbury Penalty box so I suppose in the end it was a fair result, but full credit to Shrewsbury for their come back in the second half.

If Klopp did not want to have a replay then he should have fielded the first team and not the Youth team.    As it turns out neither he or the first team will be at the replay as apparently the Liverpool FC got a letter from the Premier League asking them to respect the two week Winter break and Liverpool will be doing that

So the Liverpool Youth team will be playing Shrewsbury at Anfield in the replay.    Other teams have also fielded weak teams in the past and it seems to have devalued the FA Cup but they don't seem to drop the admission prices when they knowingly field a weakened team

Online Hugo

« Reply #513 on: January 29, 2020, 01:14:08 pm »
Just to give a balanced view on the Liverpool V  Shrewsbury   FA Cup replay at Anfield  I've read in today's Daily Mirror that Liverpool have slashed prices for the game to £15.00 for adults and £1,00 for juniors.
Liverpool FC are still fielding their youth team for the game but at least the fans have had the price of tickets reduced

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #514 on: January 29, 2020, 11:24:09 pm »
19 points clear, i think they have a chance of winning the one they have wanted most, have been told the bookies have already paid out.

Online Hugo

« Reply #515 on: January 30, 2020, 12:14:40 pm »
It certainly looks that way Snowcap but we need to be mathematical certain before we pop the Champagne corks.     Football is a funny old game as they say and look at how Manchester City play.  On their day they are a dream to watch and although Liverpool should have won the league last year they were pipped at the post by one point to Man City.
Don't forget the 2011/12 season either as Man City won the league in the last few minutes of the last game of the season, I bet there was a lot of vintage red whine drunk by the team that came second to them on goal difference

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #516 on: January 30, 2020, 09:17:54 pm »
Hugo I'm afraid it's the
Wrong pitch
Wrong goal
Wrong shaped ball
Wrong country
Roll on the 6nations kicking off tomorrow night with the under 18

Online Hugo

« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2020, 09:59:31 am »
Well nobody is perfect Spotty Dog, apart from Liverpool FC this season.                $drink$       $hands$

Hope that you enjoy the 6 Nations Rugby and I might even be watching the games on TV, providing of course that Liverpool FC are not playing at the same time!       

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2020, 02:23:00 pm »
The real mans game started last night with a win for Wigan against Warrington, Watch the Cream tonight,StHelens (The best team in the country) against the ever improving Salford. This is what you call a game. COME ON YOU SAINTS

Online Hugo

« Reply #519 on: February 02, 2020, 12:10:55 pm »
Well Spotty Dog and Snowcap, it looks like we were all big winners yesterday         $bounce$ $bounce$

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #520 on: February 02, 2020, 02:00:11 pm »
Just need France to win to cap off a perfect weekend

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #521 on: February 02, 2020, 05:22:37 pm »
Well I got my wish well done France defence coach  ex English League coach that should please Snowcap

Online Hugo

« Reply #522 on: February 03, 2020, 09:39:16 am »
Tottenham  2    Man City  0

I thought that Man City played quite well and that the score flattered Spurs but that's another 3 points that City have dropped

Although City are the best Manchester team by a mile I was looking at the points total that they have collected and they are nearer to some of the teams in the relegation zone than they are to the Liverpool total

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #523 on: February 03, 2020, 10:41:10 am »
I've just seen that city pen again, the Spurs keeper was so far off his line before it was kicked, that would have changed the game, Klopp has got them playing so well this season, being a blue it hurts a bit but well done to them, let's see what next season brings, it's been a long time a big club like Liverpool to win the prem.

Online Hugo

« Reply #524 on: February 03, 2020, 02:20:00 pm »
I've just seen that city pen again, the Spurs keeper was so far off his line before it was kicked, that would have changed the game, Klopp has got them playing so well this season, being a blue it hurts a bit but well done to them, let's see what next season brings, it's been a long time a big club like Liverpool to win the prem.

That's very magnanimous of you Norman but you should be used to that by now.       ;D

Thirty years is far too long for a club of Liverpool's standing,   I was only a young (ish) man when they last won the league so it's time they got back to the top again